• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, MHS831 said:

No official word. but reports say that New Orleans has cleared cap room and is meeting with DW again today?  Atlanta has a 4pm deadline before a Ryan bonus kicks in,,,,

NO already met with Watson last night. There is no news about anymore meetings today.

Just now, Wanderlai said:

NO goes from Brees, in cap hell, but figures out how to get Watson. Panthers have Darnold and maybe a resigned broken down Cam...that stadium will be empty next year. 

Stop it. Failed narrative. The guy came back like a friggin' bull and from what he did last season, coming off his couch mind you, he deserves the job.

I don't understand people doubting QB1 with the stellar career he's had college and pro's. You should be pulling for Cam. I forgot people hated on Jake even before TommyJane so, carry on.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

No official word. but reports say that New Orleans has cleared cap room and is meeting with DW again today?  Atlanta has a 4pm deadline before a Ryan bonus kicks in,,,,

They already met with him last night. If falcons don’t trade Ryan by 4 it’s over for them which leaves us vs the saints.   I think this gets wrapped up today or tomorrow. Tomorrow should really be the final day if it’s the two left. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

NO already met with Watson last night. There is no news about anymore meetings today.

so they met LAST NIGHT for the second time?  Was not sure the meeting had gone down yet.  Trying to get work done and keep up.  I could do it, were it not for that damn Garry Cobb fella.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I would have rather the Panthers never pursued Watson at all. 

Tepper took down the statue of Jerry Richardson and made it a primetime news event.

Then he turns around and outwardly simps for an accused sexual predator for over a year only to be rejected.

Have some freaking conviction to your moral character dude.

Watson’s career record is 28 and 25. You have to have the pieces around you, by merely acquiring him you are making it more difficult. We are not as ready as the Rams were when they traded for Stafford. Build the team through the draft and smart acquisitions. It remains to be seen if his image can be rehabilitated enough to be the face of a franchise. 

• Pie 4

32 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Cool.. I'm excited to have a team and a chance for something to happen.. Even if we don't get Watson.. I still like the roster and can see improvement with better more experienced coaching..

It won't happen. 5 wins on deck. QB situation is still garbage. You can't win well without a good QB. 

1 minute ago, Stuart Smith said:

Watson’s career record is 28 and 25. You have to have the pieces around you, by merely acquiring him you are making it more difficult. We are not as ready as the Rams were when they traded for Stafford. Build the team through the draft and smart acquisitions. It remains to be seen if his image can be rehabilitated enough to be the face of a franchise. 

This is not the thread for logic or rational thoughts!!!