• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper - Come on in here and get this humble pie

TheWiz

7 hours ago, scratched said:

I still haven't seen where all our players hate Rhule?

Not a single player on the record against Rhule...

...many on the record pro-Rhule.  ..

...all the bloggers, twitter-warriors/#posers keep barfing up watery/phony pablum on an unchecked basis -- and the naive keep slurping it down unabated 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, scratched said:

One minute everybodies happy he is going all in! We don't get him, and the next thing you know its because we suck as a franchise? LOL!!! I still haven't seen where all our players hate Rhule?

Yeh, you would think that we could find someone saying something negative about him. Not even the guys who have left are talking.

13 hours ago, scratched said:

One minute everybodies happy he is going all in! We don't get him, and the next thing you know its because we suck as a franchise? LOL!!! I still haven't seen where all our players hate Rhule?

If they love him so much, they would win for him…have they ?

I think Cam had a good statement about ‘many not buying in’ and not understanding the meaning of keep pounding   Understand, he’s a guy that never says anything about anybody   

Rhule is in charge  he failed, is failing and will continue to do so 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Meh, it should be clear by now, Tepper wants to win. 

However, more than winning, Dave wants to demonstrate how much smarter he is than all the other owners.   

He isn't.  That's how the Panthers ended up with Rhule.

Hopefully, Dave is finally coming to the realization that there are no shortcuts to building a winning organization.  

TL/DR:  David Tepper needs to use his fat wallet to hire a proven winner, the best he can find.  An NFL executive that has extensive experience building winning organizations.  Then Dave needs to step back and let that man do his job.  

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

TL/DR:  David Tepper needs to use his fat wallet to hire a proven winner, the best he can find.  An NFL executive that has extensive experience building winning organizations.  Then Dave needs to step back and let that man do his job.  

I hear Kevin Colbert is available after the draft.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, davos said:

Tepper and Rhule will stay on the DL until they draft a QB and pretend that was the plan all along. That shmuck Pickett is gonna happen ffs

I think Pickett is the pick too. A rookie QB with Rhule’s Temple connections, Tepper’s alma matter, and being a heisman finalist make perfect narratives to spin their cover their ass story.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:52 AM, raleigh-panther said:

If they love him so much, they would win for him…have they ?

I think Cam had a good statement about ‘many not buying in’ and not understanding the meaning of keep pounding   Understand, he’s a guy that never says anything about anybody   

Rhule is in charge  he failed, is failing and will continue to do so 

So its that easy? They like him, so they should win? If only it was that easy… 

• Pie 1

On 3/17/2022 at 10:31 AM, TheWiz said:

The longer this takes, the more obvious it gets that Deshaun Watson's team is looking for every reason possible NOT to join the Carolina Panthers. So regardless of what happens... this is a message for David Tepper. Button up that shirt and eat this crow stuffed pie. Guys talk. Players text. And the way people are treated matters. Leadership matters. 

With all of Jerry Richardson's issues, he knew how to run a football club. Around the league, the Panthers had one of the best lockerrooms in the league.

So here's what will help this franchise. Stop trying to be the "star." The players are the stars. We need you to be a silent investor. Stop wasting money. This isnt the stock market. Stop wasting our time. We will change the channel. Gas is high and inflation is real. We wont come. You can't buy your way out of a trash reputation. You have to BUILD trust. You dont have that right now. 

Yes, this is the south. Yes, this is a "small market team." But dont try to play us on some dumb hillbilly poo. We knew what it was like to win before you got here. We have standards. Dont play us. 

-Panther Nation. (since 95)

Pretty sure a guy whose worth 16.7 Billion dollars doesn't give a sh*t about any of our opinions and certainly  doesnt have to admit anything.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, scratched said:

So its that easy? They like him, so they should win? If only it was that easy… 

Why aren’t they winning ?  

it is the team Rhule  assembled ?  The coaches he hired   His culture he is trying to establish  

People say things like  ‘the players like him’ blah blah.  

I don’t give two shakes of a rat’s ass whether they like or they ‘have his back’ or they say nice things about he and his family  

I don’t care if he helps old people across the street…  all great things but his primary job in the NFL is to win and compete in pro football games   To date, he sucks at it.

i care that they perform and look like a pro team that can, I don’t know, complete a forward pass or get more than two first downs a game or figure out people are getting massive yards running to the left during a game 

To date, Rhule’s teams have sucked.  Players and coaches he selected 

All the excuses and pablum in the world  does not change his record  and from  a former coach Rhule worked for briefly ‘you are what your record says you are’.  

Edited by raleigh-panther