• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

48 minutes ago, pantherj said:

So now we have to take our medicine in the 2022 season. We're going to get destroyed, but our franchise will be rewarded with one the top picks in the 2023 draft. That draft has the potential to yield a franchise QB, unlike the 2022 draft which is poop for QBs.

I wanted Watson at a fair price, but Watson knew better than to come here. I wouldn't come here either if I were Watson.

This is the time when we need to painfully take a beating on Sunday with the future in mind. The 2022 draft should give us a LT for the rookie QB we draft in 2023. We pay the price now and throughout 2022, and then we hit the home run in 2023 hopefully. Slow, boring, disappointing, soul crushing, but the end is in site. The 2023 draft is everything at this point.

If Rhule trades our 2023 first round pick, then I will leave the forum until he is fired.

Yep. This is the best path forward. Trading for a mid tier QB just to win 6-7 games is pointless. Suck and draft high.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, pantherj said:

So now we have to take our medicine in the 2022 season. We're going to get destroyed, but our franchise will be rewarded with one the top picks in the 2023 draft. That draft has the potential to yield a franchise QB, unlike the 2022 draft which is poop for QBs.

I wanted Watson at a fair price, but Watson knew better than to come here. I wouldn't come here either if I were Watson.

This is the time when we need to painfully take a beating on Sunday with the future in mind. The 2022 draft should give us a LT for the rookie QB we draft in 2023. We pay the price now and throughout 2022, and then we hit the home run in 2023 hopefully. Slow, boring, disappointing, soul crushing, but the end is in site. The 2023 draft is everything at this point.

If Rhule trades our 2023 first round pick, then I will leave the forum until he is fired.

I feel like Rhule needs stripped of any rights to do any more GM like duties and he needs to either sink or swim with Sam due to his poor history with QB's since the day Tepper regretfully signed on this goof ball coach. 2023 we could end up with a new quality coach and a very solid young QB of we play our cards well and just let Sam go be Sam.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Yep. This is the best path forward. Trading for a mid tier QB just to win 6-7 games is pointless. Suck and draft high.

This should have been done in 2020 but alas we are a couple seasons behind the plan.  Just roll with Darnold and start completely clean and free next season/draft

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

They’ll draft one this year, have that fully guaranteed contract and then do it again the next year with a new coach.

This sucks and it’s gonna suck more.

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

They’ll draft one this year, have that fully guaranteed contract and then do it again the next year with a new coach.

This sucks and it’s gonna suck more.

If they dont draft a LT at 6 I may just lose my mind.  Drafting a qb at 6 just to have on your roster is pure insanity

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

The franchise should be embarrassed that they've been turned down by several top tier quarterbacks. 

It's hilariously depressing that Tepper can't see it. He's built an organization that no one with other viable options wants to be a part of. The only guys we're going to get are afterthoughts or ones we're willing to significantly overpay.

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

The franchise should be embarrassed that they've been turned down by several top tier quarterbacks. 

They'll have the spin machine out in full force, no doubt. Gonna be hard to spin this poo, but they'll try and several homers with rose colored glasses will buy it and preach it, looking down their noses at all the "fake fans" who criticize the team. 

I'm just interested to see what that spin will be.

• Beer 2

57 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:
10 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Option A - sign Marcus Mariota 

Option B - trade for Gardner Minshew 

Option C - trade for Jimmy G 

why?

why?

why?

Option C is off the table. We don't have enough draft capital for Jimmy G.

Option B: I don't know what Mariota is worth these days. Since he's a back up we know he's not a top 20 quarterback. I don't even know if he's under contract or a FA to be honest. 

Option A: I'd have no problems with trading for Minshew with a 5th round pick. He's had starter experience.  I think he's better than Darnold. At worst, he'd possibly cause Darnold to elevate his game just by bringing legitimate competiton for the starter position. Rhule should have a veteran on the roster instead of PJ Walker to push Darnold harder. And, Minshew would be the perfect guy to hold things down in 2023 if we draft a rookie who isn't ready to take control of the offense to start the season.

Edited by SCO96

10 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

On a scale of 1-10 this is a 1. 

losing the super bowl in 2015 was a 9. Cam hurting his shoulder was a 10.

You think actually being good enough to get all the way to a Super Bowl and losing is a bigger disaster than flailing around directionless with a black hole at the QB position?

lol