• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

And not to mention, I know he isn't high on many fans' lists here, but outside of Thomas, Robby Anderson is far superior to any other receiver on their roster...  and if TMJ and Shi can play with an NFL QB who doesn't get them murdered, in a functional NFL offense, they are likely better than any other weapon they have outside of Thomas and Kamara.

I dont buy it.  Why would we not want to guarantee 3rd and 4th years on a guy we're trading 3 firsts for and view as our franchise QB?  That's horseshit.

Agreed. Why not just say “hey we tried our best, it didn’t work, he didn’t want us, poo happens.” 

15 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Agreed. Why not just say “hey we tried our best, it didn’t work, he didn’t want us, poo happens.” 

I mean, when Marty Hurney was fired, Tepper kinda hinted at maybe keeping him too long but mostly was just "Well, Matt's graduated and he's ready to take control".

He doesn't seem all that keen on admitting to mistakes or failures.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I mean, when Marty Hurney was fired, Tepper kinda hinted at maybe keeping him too long but mostly was just "Well, Matt's graduated and he's ready to take control".

he doesn't seem all that keen on admitting to mistakes or failures.

Glad your somewhat back Mr. Scott. Hope everything works out well for you and your lady. 

None of this whole ordeal makes any sense what so ever from any side, not even one little bit. 🤷‍♂️

When you sit back and get past the fact that he’s a superstar name, there are an ass of red flags beyond the 22 different claims. 

A QB with two torn acls should scare anyone and you do a deep dive on his stats and realize most of it came in garbage time makes you feel like everything is an apparition with his supposed worth. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, oCHO49erShogunNC said:

If it's the most important thing, You pick an OL at the 6th spot, and hope for Bryce next year.

Well I've been preaching that for years if we didn't get Watson. I am vehemently opposed to any QB in this year's class or trading picks for has-beens, as I was opposed to Darnold and I also said he's terrible and we need to move on when we were 3-0 last year. I was fine with Teddy because we had CMC and DJ and it was worth trying to win that year. But now its not.

3 hours ago, Billy Love said:

True statement indeed. We all need to keep in mind that the ONLY thing that stopped this potential disaster was that we were removed from consideration by a 3rd party. Our front office was hell bent on this path to give away the farm for 1 man. 

Yes,a great thank you should be sent to Watson for saving the Panthers from themselves and doing even more  self destructing, something they have a history of being good at...

12 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Yes,a great thank you should be sent to Watson for saving the Panthers from themselves and doing even more  self destructing, something they have a history of being good at...

Maybe it is just me being cynical, but every now and then there is a situation that so many people think is so great, it turns into a feeding frenzy, and everybody involved gets screwed.  This took on that character about 6 hours into the whole ordeal. 

It is quite possible that when the dust settles, we may be the ones who got screwed the least.  We kicked some cap down the road, but not an alarming amount, and wound up no worse afterwards than we were when we started.....other than some people getting their feelings hurt.

• Pie 2