• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Down for Ridder?

App Panther

I think Ridder as a project has every bit as much upside as any other QB in the class. I’m becoming more and more convinced that we’ll do something like this and trade down. 

If we traded down with a team like the Packers, Chiefs, Titans, Bills we could pick up a 3rd this year and a 1st next year. Sign Armstead and I’m fine with that. 

9 minutes ago, RowanPanther said:

I am 100% down for trading back in the 1st. Except not to draft Ridder. There's another QB who is flying under radars because his team underperformed, but he's a future star in the NFL.

Sam Howell.North Carolina Football GIF by UNC Tar Heels

No one outside of the Tarhole homer crowd thinks this guy is any good, and rightfully so. He’s the next Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Tommy Jone said:

This is my ideal scenario. Ridder is more pro ready than Pickett IMO. 

What is Ridder really good at doing?  Arm?  Athleticism?  Accuracy? Everything is so average, even compared to Pickett.  Sorry I don’t see anything at all that tells me he is a starting QB in the NFL.  He didn’t really play well against anyone except maybe Notre Dame.  His accuracy dropped big time against good defenses.  He isn’t good.

It felt like while I was watching him that everything was scripted to work in his favor…and even then he was average.  He won’t make it maybe even as a backup.

Edited by Shocker

6 hours ago, RowanPanther said:

I am 100% down for trading back in the 1st. Except not to draft Ridder. There's another QB who is flying under radars because his team underperformed, but he's a future star in the NFL.

Sam Howell.North Carolina Football GIF by UNC Tar Heels

If we trade down that’s who I want. If we stay at 6, I’d prefer Willis. 

8 hours ago, App Panther said:

What would be the mood if we traded down into late teens/early 20s, added a 2nd and 3rd, and took Ridder? 

I've convinced myself I can live with this idea over taking Willis/Pickett at 6.

Let's seperate the plan from the player.

The plan I like. Trade down into the early 20s while we pick up 2nd and 3rd round pick. Then draft a QB with either our 1st or 2nd round pick. Love it. Count me in.

As to the specific player of Ridder, I have no clue. I've missed on so many rookies over the years, I don't even pretend to know who is going to be good anymore.  Whoever we pick, I hope they become a great QB.

• Pie 1

One you don’t compromise a QB selection based on picking up more draft picks if they think Malik Willis upside is to great to pass on then he is the pick at 6 cause he very well could be gone at 8 or 9

we have a left tackle in Brady had really high pff number when he played LT so i think Willis will be the pick at 6 o-line is set up for Sam darnold to have success for half the season while Willis gets his feet under him. However I do believe he will catch on quicker than most think he’s very smart humble kid.