• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unverified and unsubstantiated....Panthers Closing in on Trade for Love

Biggdaddi1022

7 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

No no no!!! No more other teams rejects. Draft one!

Not sure Minshew is the guy we should be chasing, but I also don't think it's fair to classify the guy as a "reject" either.  His first two years in Jacksonville he was the only QB to win a game there.  They tried other QB's, but Minshew was the only one who won.  His stats looked fine as well.

I definitely would take Minshew over Love.  Love has flop written all over him.

• Pie 1

Love is better than both Willis and Pickett and if we can get him for something cheap like a next year 3rd and our extra 5th this year, I'd absolutely do it. If it doesn't work out, you're only really out a 3rd and you can just move on and draft a QB next year in a better class and with hopefully better coaching staff. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, CmC2k said:

Love is better than both Willis and Pickett and if we can get him for something cheap like a next year 3rd and our extra 5th this year, I'd absolutely do it. If it doesn't work out, you're only really out a 3rd and you can just move on and draft a QB next year in a better class and with hopefully better coaching staff. 

Please explain how Love is better than Pickett and Willis.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Darnold is better than both Lance and Jones and if we can get him for something cheap like a next year 2nd and a 4th this year, I'd absolutely do it. If it doesn't work out, you're only really out a 2nd and you can just move on and draft a QB next year in a better class and with hopefully better coaching staff. 

interesting take

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Meh I'm over betting on other teams sloppy seconds. If this is all we've got to look forward to just draft your own guy and be done with it.

You’re right of course, but if you’re looking to completely rebuild your QB room, moving a 4th for Love would make sense.

also op is a liar

Edited by Growl

We shouldn’t trade for anyone unless it’s Minshew, I’m not understanding the infatuation with qbs who have shown nothing to warrant the illusion that they can be molded into anything more than a stopgap qb.

Love at this point is another Sam Darnold risk minus the draft compensation, both haven’t shown anything to suggest they’ll do a 180 with a different staff. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Not worth it. We’ve wasted enough resources on other teams’ failed QBs. I’d rather we just draft and develop our own either this year or next. I haven’t been impressed with Love the few games in I’ve seen him play. Maybe he just needs an opportunity but this is not the right team or time IMO.

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I do think Willis and Pickett do some nice things but you're crazy if you think you can compare this year's draft of QB's to last years. 

hindsight, posters were making this exact assertion last offseason

they will be doing it next offseason as well

its a tradition