• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on Duane Brown

Jmac

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He was. That's why it baffles me that our fans and seemingly our staff think he's a slam dunk to transition to LG and be successful. His biggest weakness (quite literally) is his playing strength. That'll be a bigger issue at OG going up against primarily interior DTs than it was at LT going up against primarily edge rushers.

We could have signed James Daniels and kept Christensen at LT but whatever.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree. I think we should stay away. I'd honestly rather just play Christensen at LT.

Like I said, Whitworth is a unicorn. Very, very few OTs remain effective in their late 30s. Maybe Brown can overcome Father Time too but IMO you gotta play the odds on these decisions and the odds are pretty heavily against it.

Completely agree

13 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all. Get Brown, and Cross at 6 learns from the best elder statesmen for a year. And then you have a LT for the next 10-15 years 

Not a bad idea, but I don’t think so. Elite college LTs are pretty much plug and play this year and they got it or don’t.  

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

I still want a franchise Lt at 6, can never have too many good lineman, and having a Lt at the rookie rate for 5 years is pivotal for a championship window 

It’s the common sense move for sure but Rhule knows he can’t win with Darnold so it’s QB or bust (unless he thinks he can win with Jimmy G or Minshew).

• Pie 1

Of course this is great. He’s still performing at a very high level. We should have learned that someone proven and performing is much better than potential (see Kalil vs Whitworth). He will be cheaper than Armstead and will give us flexibility to go BPA in the draft and open up so many options. The only MAJOR hole we will then have on our team is QB……and of course head coach.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Everyone keeps saying Pickett but everything I have seen from senior bowl and combine on say Willis is clearly qb1. Pickett and Willis would have been taken behind every first rounder from last year. That puts them around second round caliber or Jimmy G range. If that's the case I gamble on upside which Willis has more of.

Depends on what you want.

If you need a guy who can play right now, it's gonna be Pickett.

If you can afford to be patient and hope for better results down the road, you could try Willis.

Or in our case, when you have an owner and a head coach who both like a certain player, well...

With the line they are putting together they’ll either trade for a QB or draft a QB ready to start day 1. You don’t sign these guys to short term deals and then waste them with Darnold playing behind them for a season. You either trade for someone you think can make you a play-off team or you get a ready to start rookie QB who’ll spend his first season learning behind a very good offensive line.