• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Draft

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cross is decent but he doesn't fit in with the FA moves we're making on O-line to have a mauler run game. If Ikey is still there that's hard to pass up, they probably hope to trade back a few spots to grab a 2nd to get a QB and another impact player

Could be…definitely reasonable 

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cross is decent but he doesn't fit in with the FA moves we're making on O-line to have a mauler run game. If Ikey is still there that's hard to pass up, they probably hope to trade back a few spots to grab a 2nd to get a QB and another impact player

If Ekwonu is there then they need to sprint to the podium regardless of if we’ve signed an LT or not. He’s got that Orlando Pace mauler in him.

I think Campen would turn him into one of if not the best LT in football.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cross is the best pass protector in the draft. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think you're going to see Devin Lloyd become the centerpiece to Snow's 33 hybrid defense with that 6th pick. Broncos will likely grab Lloyd at 9 so the Panthers can't trade down if they want Lloyd. That allows Shaq to move to his strongest position at the SOLB role where he and Luvu would rotate. Burns and Littleton man the WOLB. Lloyd would pair with Wilson to take care of the MLB position.

Having the coverage ability of both Shaq and Lloyd over the middle would let Chinn and Woods play down inside the box more.

43 minutes ago, diddyb said:

I just hope Rhule's desperation doesn't blow our pick by going with Pickett at 6 when we could trade back a few spots and still get him and another pick if QB is indeed the direction that he is set on going. 

My preference would be to trade back for multiple picks and get more core young / impact players, ride with Darnold since we are stuck with him for another year while young guys develop and set ourselves up for success next year with a new (hopefully) coaching staff and a QB of their choice.

We will pick Sam Howell at 6 in a decision almost universally hated by the entire fanbase. Quietly, @LinvilleGorge will purchase one of 53 Sam Howell Panthers jerseys sold in 2022 and will forever blame Matt Rhule for Howell‘s subpar play as a top 10 draft pick. 

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

I think you're going to see Devin Lloyd become the centerpiece to Snow's 33 hybrid defense with that 6th pick. Broncos will likely grab Lloyd at 9 so the Panthers can't trade down if they want Lloyd. That allows Shaq to move to his strongest position at the SOLB role where he and Luvu would rotate. Burns and Littleton man the WOLB. Lloyd would pair with Wilson to take care of the MLB position.

Having the coverage ability of both Shaq and Lloyd over the middle would let Chinn and Woods play down inside the box more.

Lloyd is a beast.  I've seen a couple of game of his and he was awesome.  I would not be against this pick.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We will pick Sam Howell at 6 in a decision almost universally hated by the entire fanbase. Quietly, @LinvilleGorge will purchase one of 53 Sam Howell Panthers jerseys sold in 2022 and will forever blame Matt Rhule for Howell‘s subpar play as a top 10 draft pick. 

Don't worry. We don't make smart decisions at the QB position. No chance of this happening.

3 hours ago, diddyb said:

I just hope Rhule's desperation doesn't blow our pick by going with Pickett at 6 when we could trade back a few spots and still get him and another pick if QB is indeed the direction that he is set on going. 

My preference would be to trade back for multiple picks and get more core young / impact players, ride with Darnold since we are stuck with him for another year while young guys develop and set ourselves up for success next year with a new (hopefully) coaching staff and a QB of their choice.

I'm actually more worried about the Seahawks using that 2nd rnd pick from Denver to try to move up 4 or 5 spots to take Picket BEFORE our pick 6. With Seattle at 9, Washington 11 and even Vikings at 12, I can't see us trading down. 

15 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I Have:
1.  Jags--Neal OT

2. Lions--Hutchinson DE

3.  Texans--Hamilton S  (This one is bothering me, fwiw.  could be DT Davis or DE Thibodeaux--they play in a division with strong running games, so Davis could be the call)

4. Jets--Stingley CB

5. Giants--Ekwonu OT

I would suspect Huston is looking for a qb.  They could go either way with their pick so they are the wildcard.