• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield Trade Rumors: Saints, Panthers Tabbed as Suitors for Browns QB

Chad_Cota

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Toxic to the salary cap, yeah. But for all intents and purposes, he’s a great person.

I’m not going to hate him because Matt Rhule is an idiot.

As i said in the other threads and past history, hated the trade when it happen, *BUT* I still think theres light at the tunnel.. Can Darnold get over 4 years of trauma and can the panthers build a decent OL, D, along with a fully healthly CMC? People forget the 3-0 start and then CMC got hurt, hes at just at most fault as Darnold, imo. Huge IFS, but that the current panther fan.  

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

As i said in the other threads and past history, hated the trade when it happen, *BUT* I still think theres light at the tunnel.. Can Darnold get over 4 years of trauma and can the panthers build a decent OL, D, along with a fully healthly CMC? People forget the 3-0 start and then CMC got hurt, hes at just at most fault as Darnold, imo. Huge IFS, but that the current panther fan.  

I think it started out well for Darnold but I feel like his bad habits might be impossible to overcome

His pocket awareness is horrible and he seems to have no confidence to hang in there, read the defense, and make the pass.

One thing I liked about Cam was his willingness to hang in there and make the pass all while not having a care in the world if he was going to take a hit.

I don’t know if Darnold can or ever will develop the ability to hang in there and read the defense. It just seems like he panics and then flings to ball in the general direction of whoever he can find first (whether they are open or not).

9 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

image.thumb.png.e6fd7c026a8a3e684a88f18e1cbfe592.png

Full quote from Howe...

Mayfield’s camp has had preliminary discussions with the Seahawks and Panthers, according to a source. Nothing appears imminent at this point, though.

What now for Mayfield, Garoppolo as more spots are filled?

That sounds like it could just be due diligence or even Mayfield's agent looking to create noise.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think it started out well for Darnold but I feel like his bad habits might be impossible to overcome

His pocket awareness is horrible and he seems to have no confidence to hang in there, read the defense, and make the pass.

One thing I liked about Cam was his willingness to hang in there and make the pass all while not having a care in the world if he was going to take a hit.

I don’t know if Darnold can or ever will develop the ability to hang in there and read the defense. It just seems like he panics and then flings to ball in the general direction of whoever he can find first (whether they are open or not).

You got a good read on Sam, about the same as mine. Heavy trauma getting hit by 6'5 280 man-beasts, it would work on the strongest of wills. Just giving him another full second may do wonders. The issue is........ I hate to quote an old ordeal-hes still seeing ghosts. He may not have the mental capabilities to process the Defensive *after the snap happens. Shows cover-2 and *snap* zone dawg biltz. Hes piss-poor at reading defenders in motion.... He needs a great coach in his ear ala Mccvay-like....maybe Maccadoo can be that angles voice....I sure hope so, just its not very high..

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Full quote from Howe...

Mayfield’s camp has had preliminary discussions with the Seahawks and Panthers, according to a source. Nothing appears imminent at this point, though.

What now for Mayfield, Garoppolo as more spots are filled?

That sounds like it could just be due diligence or even Mayfield's agent looking to create noise.

Yea it’s looking bad for Baker, he’s not terrible but I’m leaning towards a rookie gives us the chance to try (repeat try) to mold and develop him to be what we want from him. We definitely already know what Baker can and can’t do. As well as we’ve seen what trying to take a recompilation project gets you why follow last years bad decision. Let’s see if we can get one of the two top qbs if we don’t go line and get the most out of him put the talent around him and shoot for a second year Super Bowl like good teams with a good second year qb tend to do.