• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pickett will be a Panther

Jmac

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

If so then please let it be in the teens or 20s with us picking up some day 2 draft capital. Pickett at 6 would be a mistake.

I agree on the spot but no way Pickett or Willis last to the 20’s if you have a 1st round grade on a QB teams will trade up for them especially with the top 2 this year 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I agree on the spot but no way Pickett or Willis last to the 20’s if you have a 1st round grade on a QB teams will trade up for them especially with the top 2 this year 

Probably true, and I'd let the other teams make that mistake then. Reaching for Pickett just isn't a good idea for this team. We could get a similar caliber QB in the mid/late 1st round next season easily. Either nab the BPA (likely a LT) at 6 or trade down and get back some of that day 2 capital we've thrown away recently. But yeah there's a good chance we do take Pickett at 6. I'd be excited and hopeful about having him but would not be happy about the value there ultimately.

Edit: then again I will also point out that I absolutely HATED the idea of considering Justin Herbert a few years ago and thought he was only worth a late 1st rounder at most. Obviously we know how that has turned out, so my opinion doesn't mean all that much...

Edited by t96
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So Panthers-like to take the QB in the down middle year between stacked QB classes.

I don't mind taking one. Just trade down and get a haul before you do so.

You can't take one of these guys at #6, that's crazy.

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

If so then please let it be in the teens or 20s with us picking up some day 2 draft capital. Pickett at 6 would be a mistake.

Don't think you can get Pickett or Willis in the teens and definitely not in the 20's. 

All the teams from 6 to 10 need a qb. Then a few in the low teens. If Pickett is first off the board he's going between 5-9. Willis not far behind him. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I couldn't see either of them making it past the Steelers.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Probably true, and I'd let the other teams make that mistake then. Reaching for Pickett just isn't a good idea for this team. We could get a similar caliber QB in the mid/late 1st round next season easily. Either nab the BPA (likely a LT) at 6 or trade down and get back some of that day 2 capital we've thrown away recently. But yeah there's a good chance we do take Pickett at 6. I'd be excited and hopeful about having him but would not be happy about the value there ultimately.

Edit: then again I will also point out that I absolutely HATED the idea of considering Justin Herbert a few years ago and thought he was only worth a late 1st rounder at most. Obviously we know how that has turned out, so my opinion doesn't mean all that much...

Nobody knows what these guys will turn out to be.....a Ryan Leaf or a Tom Brady. Just a roll of the dice.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I don't mind taking one. Just trade down and get a haul before you do so.

You can't take one of these guys at #6, that's crazy.

Their gonna have to take one of them at 6, furthest they could probably drop back is 8th and that's likely a jump up for a QB. So yea it's gonna happen and it's gonna happen at 6. Only way it doesn't happen is if one of the top 2 ot fall to them. 

• Pie 1