• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Rhule haters

Adb6368

This off-season is Fitterer, not Rhule. Rhule is still standing on his accomplishments of the past two seasons, which is terrible. I hope he magically gets better. I thought he did pretty well the first year, his only big misstep being Bridgewater. Last year was a catastrophe though, he’s got a lot to make up for. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Burning time outs because you don't know what's going on is a bad look. Anything positive that has happened this FA is because they stripped power away from Rhule, and he had no option besides suck it up or resign. There's a reason why Tepper has been super quiet and it's because he's pissed off and embarrassed, trying to fix things without looking like a complete moron for giving Rhule this contract in the first place. It'll be obvious by week 3-5 if Rhule can coach or not

• Pie 1

The day after the NFL season ends, we sign PJ Walker to a new deal. Vet minimum or whatever he got, whatever guarantees, there was no need for it. With our QB room in shambles, and a plethora of options available this offseason, there was no need to do this. This was a loyalty layup. 

Now you can say this wasn't a big mistake but I think it shows a problem. Rhule is loyal to his guys regardless of whether or not they do anything worth being loyal for. We saw it when he benched Cam for Sam and then went into that merry-go-round QB situation. You can't trust him to do what's best for the team. His talent evaluation at the QB position at the NFL level is suspect and he was throwing love me eyes at Pickett. Pickett would be QB 4 in 3 years all chosen by Rhule. 

Signing Walker may seem minor, but it is an indication of a much bigger problem. Right now, Rhule is relying on his familiarity with players than his ability to properly evaluate them. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The day after the NFL season ends, we sign PJ Walker to a new deal. Vet minimum or whatever he got, whatever guarantees, there was no need for it. With our QB room in shambles, and a plethora of options available this offseason, there was no need to do this. This was a loyalty layup. 

Now you can say this wasn't a big mistake but I think it shows a problem. Rhule is loyal to his guys regardless of whether or not they do anything worth being loyal for. We saw it when he benched Cam for Sam and then went into that merry-go-round QB situation. You can't trust him to do what's best for the team. His talent evaluation at the QB position at the NFL level is suspect and he was throwing love me eyes at Pickett. Pickett would be QB 4 in 3 years all chosen by Rhule. 

Signing Walker may seem minor, but it is an indication of a much bigger problem. Right now, Rhule is relying on his familiarity with players than his ability to properly evaluate them. 

He's under $1M, teams have to sign enough camp guys to even get through practice. Yes probably a Rhule favor but he already knows most the players and coaches and where the bathrooms are etc. 

21 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

well excuse me while i jizz my pants 

Great context on that quote so appreciate that. 

at least tell me why cam and Malik Willis isn’t the best scenario for next year. 

but yea, keep the negativity coming. This whole forum was ready to shut down until 300 pages on why we needed to trade for a sexual deviant. 

I’ll choose to look at the positives and not waste my time 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's under $1M, teams have to sign enough camp guys to even get through practice. Yes probably a Rhule favor but he already knows most the players and coaches and where the bathrooms are etc. 

We finished 5-12 and were an  embarrassment at the QB position. Are we really in any position to be doing favors for players who likely wouldn't be on anyone else's practice squad? He's on the hot seat and he knows it and instead of at least seeing what was going to be available and do a proper evaluation, he does this. It's a severe lack of awareness, IMO. 

• Pie 1

I've said hiring Rhule was a mistake since day 1. He's done nothing but reinforce that opinion 2 years in so I will continue to hate the hire until he's fired or proves me wrong.

And this in no way excuses Hot dog boy David Tepper. He's just as much at fault for this mess probably moreso than anyone else. 

They all deserve to be fired but alas, here we are gloating over a bunch of JAG signings this offseason. It will be the same song and dance until it all finally blows up and puts Panthers fans out of their football misery once and for all

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

This off-season is Fitterer, not Rhule. Rhule is still standing on his accomplishments of the past two seasons, which is terrible. I hope he magically gets better. I thought he did pretty well the first year, his only big misstep being Bridgewater. Last year was a catastrophe though, he’s got a lot to make up for. 

How do you know?   I get it is easier to blame everything wrong on one person but that's silly.   We have no idea who is the most to blame for the bad decisions or credit for the good ones but the Rhule haters already have every move figured out based on how they feel about it.  Its ridiculous at this point.

• Pie 1