• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you put it past Tepper to move the team?

Jmac

59 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Fitt gets so much credit for doing basically nothing. What great lasting moves that have improved the team has he made? We have won 5 games for the past 3 years and we are expecting to win 6 or less this upcoming season.

This is his 2nd offseason, 1st full one having been with the team.

He gets credit because he doesn’t sit on his hands.

I could spend days gathering the best ingredients from the finest sources to prepare the best meal possible.  Brilliant move right?  Unless I don’t know how to cook.

Rhule is the chef.  How’s it taste so far?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

This is his 2nd offseason, 1st full one having been with the team.

He gets credit because he doesn’t sit on his hands.

I could spend days gathering the best ingredients from the finest sources to prepare the best meal possible.  Brilliant move right?  Unless I don’t know how to cook.

Rhule is the chef.  How’s it taste so far?

sandwich debating GIF by South Park

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/05/panthers-owner-david-tepper-stadium-rock-hill/

Frankly, there’s a good chance Tepper is playing high-level hardball with Rock Hill as a shot across the bow at Charlotte,” Florio writes. “The hard bargain Tepper has chosen to drive in South Carolina could be a precursor to the hard bargain he’ll drive in North Carolina.

“Maybe that’s why Tepper seems to be untroubled by the current situation. His deeper message could be far more pointed.

“Give me what I want, or I eventually will be gone.”

Last year, Tepper stated he wouldn’t build a new stadium alone—implying the community must help foot the potential bill. Well, good luck trying to get the people of Charlotte to buy what this middling product is currently selling.

This, however, wouldn’t be an out-of-character move—especially for a guy who bought his old boss’ home for $43.5 million, only to tear it down and build a mansion twice as large for the sake of pettiness.

If he wanted to move the team it takes 3/4 of the owners approval to move. With everything the league is facing now with the Flores lawsuit and allegations I don’t think they want any more negative publicity. There is no legitimate reason to move the Panthers. He has not yet asked for a new stadium. If he puts a winning team on the field it might help sway public opinion somewhat.