• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you put it past Tepper to move the team?

Jmac

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In large part because we keep investing in awful QBs from the NFL's rubbish bin and we don't have the type of football organization to attract decent vets with other options. This is a mess of their own doing.

No doubt, and they should have seen it coming, particularly with Darnold. But this team will be a bottom dweller until we luck into a QB. Personally, I had no issue with tearing down the defense and rebuilding it, because frankly that entire side of the ball has probably been on the team since the 90's. I mean our defense was old, really old.

Imo, until we find a QB, nothing else matters. Do we need to reset the coach and/or GM to find a QB? Maybe if they keep being dumber than bricks when it comes to that position. The fact Baker Mayfield isn't on our roster right now is promising though. (The bar for this crew is set pretty low at this point)

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It’s so hilarious how everything I predict ends up getting flamed and then 6-12 months later, people say the same thing. 

Me, Fall 2020: Matt Rhule is the worst coach in the NFL.
Huddle, Fall 2020: Shut up idiot. Be patient. Matt has a plan. 
Huddle, Fall 2021: Matt Rhule is the worst coach in the NFL. 

Me, Fall 2021: Tepper is gonna end up moving the team to a different city. 
Huddle, Fall 2021: Shut up idiot. Be patient. Tepper would never move this team. 
Huddle, Spring 2022: Tepper is gonna end up moving the team to a different city.

You're one person on a forum of a few hundred regular posters and readers. I've been here since 2011 and for some reason I don't recall seeing you post anything until now. Your opinion isn't worth a hill of beans in this arena fam. BET!

First of all, yes, of course he would move the team if there was an option that made financial sense. You are insane if you think any of these owners care about the locations of these teams. Every single year one of these assholes begs their respective city council for billions of dollars to build a stadium at the tax payer expense. It isn't the "government" that pays for these stadiums, its literally you and me, and somebody, somewhere absolutely has to tell them  to kick rocks at some point. 

I don't understand why any sports league needs "owners".  It is an outdated concept that causes more problems than not. Look at the Washington situation, or the Miami situation, or the Houston situation or the Detroit situation etc. These out of touch crybabies rake in millions every year and demand the tax payers build their stadiums, while getting what in return? Seriously, why does this league need owners? I honestly had a lot of hope for Tepper, but he has literally made me believe that owners in sports need to go. That is how bad this regime has been. It might be for the BEST if he does decide to skip town. Then in 5 years maybe the Carolinas would finally get a competent franchise.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's been shown by deep dive economic analyses that flashy new stadiums provide terrible ROI for municipalities. I hope they tell Tepper to pound sand.

55% of people disapprove giving the Bills 850M to build a new stadium, while  22% approve. These stadiums are nothing more than welfare for the rich. Its  the city council saying well you're rich and connected so here is MORE MONEY even though NOBODY gets ANYTHING in return. Across the board people need to shut this poo down. It is the clearest example of crony capitalism imaginable. And fug Tepper in my Baker Mayfield voice

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

why the fug would i want to waste my time looking up old threads so i can determine if your egotistical, pay attention to me post is correct? who cares what you posted 6 months ago?

Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You decided to waste your time looking up dogshit gifs to illustrate how much you care. 

13 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I keep seeing people say this, but where would he actually move them to outside the Carolinas? The pickins are slim.

St Louis? They still have no stadium, have lost teams twice, and probably not the base to add value.

Salt Lake City? No stadium and probably at their limit for teams to split local corporate dollars.

Portland? No stadium, unlikely to build one, and probably too close to Seattle.

Oakland? A dump of a stadium, soon to lose the A's, already lost the Raiders, and the region has moved on. 

San Antonio? No stadium, decent market size when combined with Austin, but the Texans AND Cowboys won't let it happen.

Orlando? Maybe, but FL may be at it's market max.

Louisville? Colts territory likely--and again, no stadium.

Toronto? Maybe--definitely better choice than any US option.

London? Maybe--same situation as Toronto.

So it's Toronto or London--and if we hear of them starting discussions with either place, I wouldn't worry as a fan. The government will and give them new digs, but that's the extent of it.

San Antonio would happen once jerry jones goes because he doesnt want 3 teams in texas and wants it all about the cowboys. I do like toronto or london because fug it