• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alexander predicts we get Garoppolo or Mayfield

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

What would be the expected price for either? Reasonable, or are we giving away another ton of draft capital?

Both teams want them off the roster and neither really have a lot of options. It's not going to be very expensive.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Jmac said:

Why would anyone want a player who doesn't want to play here? Mayfield has stated this (from what I understand). Just a lot of trouble and hassle for the team.

I thought baker said he wanted to play here? It was posted on here a few weeks back from one of his podcast interviews.

9 hours ago, Verge said:

Both teams want them off the roster and neither really have a lot of options. It's not going to be very expensive.

Who do you think is the better fit?  Doesn't sound like McAdoo is too high on Mayfield according to the reports that surfaced before the draft that year.  Do you think they prefer JG? Also I would be interested on how you think the top 6 picks go this year based on the info you have gathered. Thanks Verge

10 hours ago, Verge said:

49er's can straight up cut Jimmy G and only be on the hook for $1.4M. They're in no rush, can just wait it out til week one if they wanted to before cutting him, though I think they're gonna try to not disrespect him if possible. 

Jimmy G is the game manager that Rhule has been searching for. If he is the Panthers' starting QB this coming season, then as far as I'm concerned the only way for Rhule's job to be safe is to make the playoffs (and not be embarrassed in the first round).

Maybe it's the homer in me, but with an LT @ #6, JimmyG at QB, and one more solid edge rusher they just might be able to do it.

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

49er's can straight up cut Jimmy G and only be on the hook for $1.4M. They're in no rush, can just wait it out til week one if they wanted to before cutting him, though I think they're gonna try to not disrespect him if possible. 

A) If he is cut why would he come here?
B) For us to entice him here he is going to want a teddy b type contract

fug that noise

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A) If he is cut why would he come here?
B) For us to entice him here he is going to want a teddy b type contract

fug that noise

Exactly my issue. We are the only team willing to trade anything for him and take on $26M for another one year rental, only because if he hits FA he's not willingly coming into this mess. If we were confident we could get him on a decent deal we'd just wait for him to get cut like anyone else slightly interested is doing. 

And let me add this here for Pickett fans😀

"I wanna go on the record about this, too,” he said while referencing the 2016 photo of Pickett and Rhule at Temple University. “And fans, you can come at me if I’m wrong on this. I will be shocked if the Panthers pick Kenny Pickett at six. I will be shocked. I wanna put that out on the record so anyone can challenge me when it happens."

-Jonathan Alexander

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/15/panthers-kenny-pickett-2022-nfl-draft-charlotte-observer/

Edited by top dawg