• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion: The Panther Decision involving Baker

MHS831

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

The only way a trade with the Browns make sense, is if they take Sam. 

I'm not a fan of Baker. I think he's another joke that is still in the process of building up before implosion.  

If they throw in a 3rd this year and a 2nd next I would take him and his contract for 1 year.  This season is going to be a spectacle anyway so why not bring in another clown to squeeze into Teppers clown car.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, poundaway said:

We are agree here.

No, he's not.  He's below average.  Maybe a tinge better than Sam, but hard to tell when you're surrounded by probowlers, all-pros and Odell Beckham.  Put him with average talent he'd suck ass.

Bridgewater is better than both of them.

His rookie year, playing for the worst team in the league that just drafted him number 1 overall he put up better numbers than Sam ever has. 3700 yards 27 TDs 14 INTs. He is not a super star, but way better than Sam. 

Wait until after the draft.  Starting Sam as QB1 is our bluff.  We have to make Cleveland believe it.  If we wait long enough, the more they are apt to buy into the bluff.  Again, we don't HAVE TO get rid of Sam, we just badly want to...or at least be relegated to QB2.

• Pie 1

I think it’s all draft dependent. You shouldn’t have a potential 1-year rental in Baker predicate a franchise shaping decision at #6.

If Verge’s latest is right and it’s basically Corral or Pickett if we trade down (or) maybe we land Howell depending how picks shake out; then we really don’t need to kill ourselves pursuing Baker. Having those type of rookies would be good to pair with Darnold or Jimmy. 

Baker is the option if we don’t come away with a draftee. But CLE would have to give us a 23’ asset and eat some of that contract. We have leverage and can just walk away from a non favorable deal.

• Pie 2

18 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Great logic and wouldn't be surprised to see any of these.  

However, if we are going to take Baker and Cleveland eats most of his contract I'd like to see this scenario.

Some mock drafts I have seen Sauce drop to us at #6.  NYJ really want him (listen to Rich Eisen who is a big Jets fan) and will never make it to 10. I say we drop down to 10 and pick up either their 2nd round or our old 2nd round pick.  We take the best OT available at 10 and get Corral or Howell in the 2nd round.  This way we have a young QB who can hold the clipboard for a season and learn the system just in case Baker wants a bank load or bombs out.  

Best case scenario.