• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Campen live presser

Jackie Lee

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lots of OL coaches are known for being... colorful.

I vaguely recall hearing someone say Dante Scarnecchia could cuss the paint off a wall 🤬

Same with DL coaches. I still remember Sal Sunseri shocking some mom who had just brought her two younger sons to training camp one year. He just let it loose and her face went white and for some reason she looked at me like "Can you believe that?" and i just looked at her, shrugged, and said, "that's Sal."

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I think if Campen was the oline coach last year the Panthers oline would be in a significantly better place this year.    Hopefully they let this guy pick his guys. 

With that said, I have zero doubt they will be better than the past two years. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Between him and macadoo HBO was sitting on a gold mine 

It would’ve been good TV.  Kind of like when you watch Tiger King; you know a lot of these people shouldn’t be in this position, but they are, and the train wreck is a golden goose.  McAdoo is a solid OC but he always puts his foot in his mouth.  Good sound bite material 

I could see If an O-lineman was fuging up, and Rhule says, "let's start [so and so]", but the OL coach should have the first say-so in my opinion. It's not like an OL coach is going to intentionally start a worse guy. Pertaining to the O-line, Campen has to know better than Rhule.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I could see If an O-lineman was fuging up, and Rhule says, "let's start [so and so]", but the OL coach should have the first say-so in my opinion. It's not like an OL coach is going to intentionally start a worse guy. Pertaining to the O-line, Campen has to know better than Rhule.

and the knock on Rhule is he puts his thumbprint on everything and is a micromanager.  Which seems like a big problem if you hire someone like that and he isn't actually good. 

probably why we saw no difference in the O when they fired Joe Brady.  Same O.  Same problems.  

• Beer 2

32 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

It would’ve been good TV.  Kind of like when you watch Tiger King; you know a lot of these people shouldn’t be in this position, but they are, and the train wreck is a golden goose.  McAdoo is a solid OC but he always puts his foot in his mouth.  Good sound bite material 

I disagree but see the point. 

56 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Same with DL coaches. I still remember Sal Sunseri shocking some mom who had just brought her two younger sons to training camp one year. He just let it loose and her face went white and for some reason she looked at me like "Can you believe that?" and i just looked at her, shrugged, and said, "that's Sal."

I remember Gantt saying that when he interviewed Sunseri, there were often things he had to look up to be sure they were printable 😄 

• Pie 2

I am less worried about the OL after hearing this. 

I feel like Bozeman, Corbett, Moton, and Christensen are set.  It is either a LG or a LT addition that will determine Brady's position.

Understand that this man has been watching a ton of BC film---because if we have a LT, the draft is wide open.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Listening  to that, I have the feeling Deonte may have a shot to compete at a guard spot. I also get the vibe that Neal, Icky and Penning are guys he is high on.  They are 3 of the nastiest linemen in this draft. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Beer 2