• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Borrego is out

bLACKpANTHER

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I like Vogel for the team now.. A vet coach to take the team to the next level..

I’m on the Vogel train as well. He did a lot of good things with that Indiana team and should have made the finals if not for blatantly favorable officiating towards the Heat. He also had the balls to call out the officials and the Heat for being a bunch of cry baby floppers.

Who ever we hire better have some deep playoff coaching experience.

I think this is a classic "grass isn't always greener" move. 

Did JB have his issues? Of course. But he was a young couch and the teams seemed to be improving every year. I would have liked to see what he would have done with a legit center. 

That being said his refusal to play young guys was frustrating. 

• Pie 1

On 4/26/2022 at 1:11 AM, SOJA said:

I think this is a classic "grass isn't always greener" move. 

Did JB have his issues? Of course. But he was a young couch and the teams seemed to be improving every year. I would have liked to see what he would have done with a legit center. 

That being said his refusal to play young guys was frustrating. 

That and the lack of competitiveness in back to back play in games were his undoing. You can make the argument about the grass not being greener but another aspect which I'm sure Mitch and MJ saw was how other teams that you can argue are not head and shoulders above the Hornets talent wise are out there competing. Even the Pelicans without Zion Williamson have given a team that was just in the Finals a run for their money in a series. JB just had no excuse for his team to once again get whooped like that.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, frankw said:

That and the lack of competitiveness in back to back play in games were his undoing. You can make the argument about the grass not being greener but another aspect which I'm sure Mitch and MJ saw was how other teams that you can argue are not head and shoulders above the Hornets talent wise are out there competing. Even the Pelicans without Zion Williamson have given a team that was just in the Finals a run for their money in a series. JB just had no excuse for his team to once again get whooped like that.

that's a very fair counterpoint and one I admit makes a lot of sense