• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panther prefer Jimmy Garoppolo to Baker Mayfield

TheSpecialJuan

The 9ers are 31-14 with JimmyG.   Shanahan is 8-28 without JimmyG.   They went to the Super Bowl and 2 NFC Championship games in the last 3 years.  Jimmy had a higher passer rating than Mahomes last year.

Naah, we're just to good for him.

Edited by poundaway
  • Flames 2

This is the ultimate smokescreen. So the team would rather trade (I'm assuming) Jimmy and Deebo for 6 and etc. A quarterback  with a throwing shoulder injury and a Wr/rb that wants to get paid. If we are going to neglect left tackle, it'd make more sense to draft Garrett  Wilson and  get baker at a reduced cost. Not my ideal option but Jimmy is not the answer. I'm also done with Quarterbacks with throwing arm injuries. No way!!  

As we near the draft, the smoke coming out of Charlotte is the Panthers aren't interested in trading for Baker Mayfield. I don't get the impression anyone in Charlotte is pressed to bring Mayfield on right now (he was never getting traded before the draft), and I don't believe the Panthers view him as a personality fit in the locker room over Garoppolo

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notebook-panthers-keeping-qb-options-open-dont-expect-move-during-draft-jags-split-on-top-pick/