• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Draft Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Were are alllll those Howell fans??? Most of them live here and now for "reasons" they are hiding?? Makes it even funnier. 

I mean I was pretty adamant if we went qb at 6 it needed to be Malik over the rest of the qbs but zappe getting drafted before Howell is legit insane and doesn’t make any sense. Weird draft.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It will never happen but I wish some folks would simply say "damn I was wrong as hell about x player"

I know for me I posted a few times that if the Panthers were hell bent on drafting a rookie qb I would go tackle at 6, trade cmac for a first and pick howell.  Holy fug that would have been a disaster.  NFL scouts obviously see some major major issues with Howell and these guys

Same. I said if it's a must for them I would take a chance on Corral.  I waffles a time or two but settled into don't care in the end. Wanted a LT badly and was hoping we could get one of these kids to take a chance on. Never expected it to play out like this.

I'm glad they stayed put at 6 when they had the pick of the litter on the tackles. That is such a huge get for this team. I'm not complaining about any of the draft class. Even if these two do not work out the strategy is solid and I hope they stick to it.

• Pie 1

We wouldn't ride Howell so hard if Linville and 4Corners didn't troll us for months in here. As for Verge, you don't get to cut them any slack when they talk the big game of "sources". Their final mock was brutally wrong, like most everyones was.

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I mean I was pretty adamant if we went qb at 6 it needed to be Malik over the rest of the qbs but zappe getting drafted before Howell is legit insane and doesn’t make any sense. Weird draft.

I wasn't the biggest Howell fan but this is why I tell people all the time that it's always to jump when you hit your peak. Howell leaves last year, he would've been a 1st-2nd round pick. Loyalty to school made him go back and they messed him up. He lost millions going back for that senior year. 

Edit: I didn't know he was a junior this season. My mistake. 

Edited by roaddog96
I'm an idiot

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Same. I said if it's a must for them I would take a chance on Corral.  I waffles a time or two but settled into don't care in the end. Wanted a LT badly and was hoping we could get one of these kids to take a chance on. Never expected it to play out like this.

I'm glad they stayed put at 6 when they had the pick of the litter on the tackles. That is such a huge get for this team. I'm not complaining about any of the draft class. Even if these two do not work out the strategy is solid and I hope they stick to it.

Corral in the 3rd is perfect for him and this class.  We should know relatively soon if the kid is worth a poo and if not its easy to pull the plug.  You simply cannot do that if he is a first, way too messy and more times then not teams will still try to force him to work therefor fuging up your teams timeline.