• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TOP HIGH SCHOOL QB TRANSFERS AFTER FIGHT WITH WAYNE GRETZKY'S SON

Big fuggin deal. I got in many fights in high school and that stupid sh%t stopped after I graduated. I'm sure he is done with all that baby crap, along with the drinking. He says he gave it up all together. He seems to be well grounded now as a grown man. Enough with this.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, SingleMalt said:

Other than killing someone….not too worried bout what someone did in High school.

I'd love to find an article on it, but this was like 1992 or 1993. The Internet was like ... I'm new here back then. It was my 5th day at the new school and my mom picked me up. She asked, how was your day? I was like, someone got murdered! I think it was over a girl. Some people say it was a knife, others say a pencil! But yes, one kid stabbed abnother to death. It was wild, man.

No licks were even thrown, guys. This was more than sensationalism than anything else. Some rich kids and their parents got offended. I don't blame Corral one bit for publicly professing how he felt and getting the hell out of a culture of entitlement. That wasn't him. 

This story was blown out of proportion and used as a tool by some rich schmucks to impugn Corral's character. Furthermore, Corral has been drafted at this point, by the Panthers, so the story is as useless as ever. It's not like this is the first time it's been brought up. It's time to give it a rest.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Also… $30,000 for a HS education… better have came with a personal ass wiper when they went to the bathroom.

Let's be honest.  Parents pay that kind of money because they can limit their kid's interaction with people who can't afford that type of money.  It reminds me of a wealthy buddy of mine (who also went to private school) who would go to a particular club in Detroit that had $20+ drinks.  I asked why he would do that.  He said "because I know who will NOT be there when the drinks are that expensive."  Ouch.

If we are going to be a smash mouth team its a good start to have a QB that will literally smash someone in the mouth.

9 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Let's be honest.  Parents pay that kind of money because they can limit their kid's interaction with people who can't afford that type of money.  It reminds me of a wealthy buddy of mine (who also went to private school) who would go to a particular club in Detroit that had $20+ drinks.  I asked why he would do that.  He said "because I know who will NOT be there when the drinks are that expensive."  Ouch.

If we are going to be a smash mouth team its a good start to have a QB that will literally smash someone in the mouth.

So I love those classy experiences and what not and they are fun but I also love the experiences of going to a grunge bar and having a drink and listening to the bartender tell me all the poo he’s seen.

Just got back from Miami last week and decided to go to Mac’s Club Deuce because it was one of Bourdain’s favorite spots. Sat there and drank a Presidente, played some pool, and listened to some of the cool stories the bar tender had. That same trip I went to The Surf Club (one of Thomas Keller’s restaurants) and ordered so much food that I was a tad frightened when my bill came out.

I guess my point is that there are experiences all over the world from all different types of places, I don’t know why you’d limit yourself by putting yourself in a box where you can’t experience all different walks of life.

End Ted Talk

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

From the account I've read, Gretzky was one of a bunch of rich kids at the school that treated others badly and waved their parents' money around.

I don't like violence, but I might have let Corral get a couple of shots in on Tristan Gretzky before breaking it up.  

His name is Tristan? Definitely deserved it.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Corral said in a story last year that a single punch wasn’t even thrown.  That he wouldn’t even call it a fight 

Sounds like most high school fights I saw.  Mostly just pushing and shoving with teachers and friends jumping in before things got serious.  

I do remember seeing two girls fight once, and they were really throwing slaps and punches and going at each other.  And no one jumped in to stop them.  

• Pie 1