• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeSean McCoy goes off on Eric Bieniemy

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean IIRC that was also them drunk and ending up pissing in the parking deck. I don't think I would call that racist, just making a bad joke to his buddies. 

I mean, if it was me in her shoes(and yes I realize it is different for a woman), I am probably laughing when they do that.

I don’t know I mean that was a harassment charge followed by a DUI charge. I wouldn’t dismiss or minimize things because someone was drunk or a certain race and bad jokes can still be racist. We would care differently is she was assaulted or someone died from the DUI? And why does it need to get to that point?

I certainly wouldn’t be laughing if someone came up behind me, put their hands around my neck and said something like that no matter what gender/sex I am. But yea for a female parking attendant just trying to do her job, probably alone, I’d imagine that’s a whole other level of terrifying.

Guess my point is that is not some normal poo and people are being cancelled for the same thing. Everyone should be held accountable and some need to realize that it just may not be his race holding him back.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I don’t know I mean that was a harassment charge followed by a DUI charge. I wouldn’t dismiss or minimize things because someone was drunk or a certain race and bad jokes can still be racist. We would care differently is she was assaulted or someone died from the DUI? And why does it need to get to that point?

I certainly wouldn’t be laughing if someone came up behind me, put their hands around my neck and said something like that no matter what gender/sex I am. But yea for a female parking attendant just trying to do her job, probably alone, I’d imagine that’s a whole other level of terrifying.

Guess my point is that is not some normal poo and people are being cancelled for the same thing. Everyone should be held accountable and some need to realize that it just may not be his race holding him back.

Yeah well all this cancel culture is getting pretty stupid anyway, so you aren't gonna get me on that train. 

He has a bunch of pretty minor stuff and almost all of it is 20+ years ago. The only serious thing he really got involved in was the DUI.

I am not going down the road of "he's racist" for making a bad joke when he was hammered.

Andy Reid's response.

Chiefs’ Reid defends Bieniemy following LeSean McCoy’s comments regarding his coaching style - Arrowhead Pride

“I’m a big LeSean fan,” said Reid. “In my eyes, he’s a future Hall-of-Fame running back. If you look at it statistically, he’s tremendous. But he wasn’t the youngest pup in the kennel here. He was on the back side [of his career] — and sometimes that’s hard to take.”

Essentially, Reid is saying Lesean Mccoy's career was nearly over and he didn't want to accept that fact.

Lesean Mccoy's previous comments on Eric B.

At the time, McCoy said that he believed Bieniemy would eventually get an NFL head-coaching job.

“I think a lot of coaches have been getting hired because of coach Reid and that’s how it usually works,” he said. “It’s a copycat league. You want winners, and you go from a winning tree, so if you start with [New England Patriots head coach Bill] Belichick, a lot of coaches get hired from his tree. And then Coach Reid… it’s just matter of the right timing.

“It’s time for him. You keep hearing his name come up. Usually where there’s some smoke, there’s some fire. I think eventually he’ll get a job.”

Which statements represent McCoy’s real view on Bieniemy? It’s impossible to say. But now, his opposing viewpoints are both out there.

So which is it?  Mccoy likes him or doesn't like him?

• Beer 2

There's clearly a reason why he's not getting HC offers. Reid's last OC (Nagy) flopping spectacularly doesn't help his case. But there's gotta be more than just that. He's not interviewing well and/or teams are digging up stuff that turns them off... or maybe they all just find a candidate they simply prefer.

Sure seems like there's something else though with as many times as he's been considered and passed over, then again Ron Rivera found himself in that same spot for years before we finally hired him.

• Pie 2

Not everyone gets to be a HC. Jesus. How many assistants have there been in the NFL since day one and how many made it to head coach? Year after year there are tons of names who don't get hired for the big role and continue to do their current role. Why was everyone on his jock to begin with? He's had some pretty good players to X and O. You think had he been in the same spot in say ... Carolina or Jacksonville people would've said his name? Hell no. As for McCoy, it's pretty unprofessional and low class to talk smack about someone publically like that. Oh well.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's clearly a reason why he's not getting HC offers. Reid's last OC (Nagy) flopping spectacularly doesn't help his case. But there's gotta be more than just that. He's not interviewing well and/or teams are digging up stuff that turns them off... or maybe they all just find a candidate they simply prefer.

Sure seems like there's something else though with as many times as he's been considered and passed over, then again Ron Rivera found himself in that same spot for years before we finally hired him.

If my recollection is accurate he has interviewed for Head Bal Coach jobs with about 2/3'rds (20+ teams) of the league at this point....

...very curious 🧐.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

12 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Andy Reid's response.

Chiefs’ Reid defends Bieniemy following LeSean McCoy’s comments regarding his coaching style - Arrowhead Pride

Essentially, Reid is saying Lesean Mccoy's career was nearly over and he didn't want to accept that fact.

Lesean Mccoy's previous comments on Eric B.

So which is it?  Mccoy likes him or doesn't like him?

Has McCoy had any other problems with coaches? I know he's been moved around a lot, and he's had to prove again and again he wasn't done yet. So much can go into this whole situation that I'm not sure anyone on the outside can get a fair read on the situation.

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I mean IIRC that was also them drunk and ending up pissing in the parking deck. I don't think I would call that racist, just making a bad joke to his buddies. 

I mean, if it was me in her shoes(and yes I realize it is different for a woman), I am probably laughing when they do that.

Grabbing a woman by the neck and essentially joking about gang rape is a terrible thing to do. How the hell is that acceptable in your world. That alone should disqualify him for any coaching roles.

And yes I’ve had too much on to many occasions when I was young, but I’ve never laid my hands on a woman like that. That’s an asshole move in my book.

• Beer 1