Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

What went wrong? The Sam Darnold Experiment (Video)


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

A true story that I witnessed happen to Sam Darnold in person about a month or so ago. I felt sorry for him honestly. It made me cringe and just look around feeling very awkward.

Aa month or so ago I took my son to Greenville SC to see CMC who made an autograph appearance right at the same time along with Bo Jackson and Sam Darnold. CMC was one of the nicest cool laid back guys I've seen by the way. Very respectful dude and very friendly. I had also heard from a guy who was helping him the he had a rough morning on the way there and was very stressed and in a very bad mood but when he gets around fans and especially kids he turns on a smile for them and is nothing but humble and appreciative. I was very happy to put my arm around him and tell him thank you for being such a good dude to my kid who loves him when he met him. I sincerely wish nothing but the best for him no matter where he goes in life. 

On to Sam Darnold. The entire time of Sam sitting at a table to sign autographs I may have seen 3-5 people walk up to get an autograph while CMC had hundreds. It was so awkward and sad that Sam sat there playing with his water bottle and talking to the security guy beside him making forced conversation. He could not wait to get up from that table once his time was uo due to the humiliation of having 3-5 people come up to his table while other players including CMC had hundreds. I felt so sorry for the guy and it was hard to watch. In the end Sam saw my kid looking at him and trying to sneak through security to watch him sit at the table. Sam noticed and smiled at my boy then gave a friendly wave. It really made me cry inside knowing he was so unwanted and not in demand there that he was embarrassed yet Sam still have a friendly wave and smile to a young child who was watching him in interest. Something tells me Sam may never figure out how to QB in the NFL but he isn't a bad dude at all and is by all means a warm and friendly human being. I don't necessarily want him as our QB at all but I really do think he is a good dude and I hated to witness what I did watching him sit there so awkwardly just trying to run the clock out on his time when he could get up and run away from that table. Really stuck with me so bad I didn't even want to mention it on this board but for whatever reason felt the need to now.

 

 

 

I mean, Bo Jackson and CMC are doing autographs? Might have less to do with “hate” than simply Sam isn’t in that tier of athlete to be at the 3rd table.  Hell, Ickey would have looked lonely if he showed up.  

did you feel bad enough to go get a Sam auto?  I might of  if my kid was younger….he would have been just as pumped at one time for PJ Walker as Bo Jackson lol

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sam isn't a bad guy, he seems to work hard, and he has all the physical tools. But that isn't always enough. Sometimes guys just don't have it. Sam doesn't process the game fast enough at the pro level and it's obvious. Could that have been different if his situation had been different? Maybe. But he plays how he plays, and that isn't gonna change now.

I wish him well and I'll root for any Panther but I wouldn't be upset if he never played another game for us.

Edited by mav1234
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Bo Jackson and CMC are doing autographs? Might have less to do with “hate” than simply Sam isn’t in that tier of athlete to be at the 3rd table.  Hell, Ickey would have looked lonely if he showed up.  

did you feel bad enough to go get a Sam auto?  I might of  if my kid was younger….he would have been just as pumped at one time for PJ Walker as Bo Jackson lol

I will sit at an empty table all day long and talk to security guards making minimum wage for $19M. And then tip the security guards! Who knows if he's actually truly upset about not being a good QB but he's financially set for life if he's happy moving on and doing something else after this year. Hard to feel bad for a person in that scenario

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seen enough of Sam Darnold to know that he is just not it. Even his body language on the field looks like he has no business being a Quarterback in the NFL. I have no idea what Matt Rhule was smoking when we got him from the Jets. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YourLastThought said:

A true story that I witnessed happen to Sam Darnold in person about a month or so ago. I felt sorry for him honestly. It made me cringe and just look around feeling very awkward.

Aa month or so ago I took my son to Greenville SC to see CMC who made an autograph appearance right at the same time along with Bo Jackson and Sam Darnold. CMC was one of the nicest cool laid back guys I've seen by the way. Very respectful dude and very friendly. I had also heard from a guy who was helping him the he had a rough morning on the way there and was very stressed and in a very bad mood but when he gets around fans and especially kids he turns on a smile for them and is nothing but humble and appreciative. I was very happy to put my arm around him and tell him thank you for being such a good dude to my kid who loves him when he met him. I sincerely wish nothing but the best for him no matter where he goes in life. 

On to Sam Darnold. The entire time of Sam sitting at a table to sign autographs I may have seen 3-5 people walk up to get an autograph while CMC had hundreds. It was so awkward and sad that Sam sat there playing with his water bottle and talking to the security guy beside him making forced conversation. He could not wait to get up from that table once his time was uo due to the humiliation of having 3-5 people come up to his table while other players including CMC had hundreds. I felt so sorry for the guy and it was hard to watch. In the end Sam saw my kid looking at him and trying to sneak through security to watch him sit at the table. Sam noticed and smiled at my boy then gave a friendly wave. It really made me cry inside knowing he was so unwanted and not in demand there that he was embarrassed yet Sam still have a friendly wave and smile to a young child who was watching him in interest. Something tells me Sam may never figure out how to QB in the NFL but he isn't a bad dude at all and is by all means a warm and friendly human being. I don't necessarily want him as our QB at all but I really do think he is a good dude and I hated to witness what I did watching him sit there so awkwardly just trying to run the clock out on his time when he could get up and run away from that table. Really stuck with me so bad I didn't even want to mention it on this board but for whatever reason felt the need to now.

Yeah on a human level you feel bad in a situation like that.

But let's snap back to reality and take a look at Sam Darnold later that same evening...

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, Bo Jackson and CMC are doing autographs? Might have less to do with “hate” than simply Sam isn’t in that tier of athlete to be at the 3rd table.  Hell, Ickey would have looked lonely if he showed up.  

did you feel bad enough to go get a Sam auto?  I might of  if my kid was younger….he would have been just as pumped at one time for PJ Walker as Bo Jackson lol

My kid was one of the ones after the fact that I saw him be nice to mine. I paid for him to get Sam's autograph as well and it turned out Darnold was an all around nice guy which made me feel so bad for the hatred for him that much more. I wish he could get his poo together and become a successful NFL QB for many reasons of him just being what seems to be a decent guy. 

By the way, Bo Jackson was a complete prick according to what I heard about 15 different people say in the crowd. One guy said it's the third Item he has met Bo Jackson to sign and he said No is and always has been a complete asshole. He said in the late 80's when he hit stardom he watched Bo after a Royals game tell a kid to "F**k off" after a game as the kid walked up to him and asked if he would sign his foul ball that he got from the game that just happened.

There were a number of other athletes there that day including Matt Ryan earlier who I was hoping was a prick but I was told quite the opposite that he was very friendly with everyone and quite a sense of humor.

Interesting stories to hear in the crowd and to watch these guys and how they interacted with others. We all have our bad days but sounds like some of these guys are just genuinely loving people while other like Bo may be a bit of an asshole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Yeah on a human level you feel bad in a situation like that.

But let's snap back to reality and take a look at Sam Darnold later that same evening...

Woody Harrelson Crying GIF

True, no matter what and all the hate he may get Sam will be okay because he will make more in a few years than most everyone there that day will probably make in their entire lives. Plenty of time to cry into his money in the future I'm sure. To be honest I would be happy to be hated by everyone for a season or two in order to make the kind of money he has and will be making. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

 

By the way, Bo Jackson was a complete prick according to what I heard about 15 different people say in the crowd. One guy said it's the third Item he has met Bo Jackson to sign and he said No is and always has been a complete asshole. He said in the late 80's when he hit stardom he watched Bo after a Royals game tell a kid to "F**k off" after a game as the kid walked up to him and asked if he would sign his foul ball that he got from the game that just happened.

There were a number of other athletes there that day including Matt Ryan earlier who I was hoping was a prick but I was told quite the opposite that he was very friendly with everyone and quite a sense of humor.

Interesting stories to hear in the crowd and to watch these guys and how they interacted with others. We all have our bad days but sounds like some of these guys are just genuinely loving people while other like Bo may be a bit of an asshole.

I’m on the fence with some autograph stuff.  If a kid walks up to you at a game and asks for u to sign something I can see situations where you say no but can’t really see any scenario to say F off and be completely disrespectful. To me that sort of thing is classless. 
 

On the other hand, if someone is out in public away from the field and they are approached, I can see where guys can get annoyed and not be polite.  Especially if they are bombarded every time they leave home.  Personally I would hate that.   Still don’t think Its right to tell anyone to F off just because they asked for an autograph but can understand a certain level of irritation.  

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

A true story that I witnessed happen to Sam Darnold in person about a month or so ago. I felt sorry for him honestly. It made me cringe and just look around feeling very awkward.

Aa month or so ago I took my son to Greenville SC to see CMC who made an autograph appearance right at the same time along with Bo Jackson and Sam Darnold. CMC was one of the nicest cool laid back guys I've seen by the way. Very respectful dude and very friendly. I had also heard from a guy who was helping him the he had a rough morning on the way there and was very stressed and in a very bad mood but when he gets around fans and especially kids he turns on a smile for them and is nothing but humble and appreciative. I was very happy to put my arm around him and tell him thank you for being such a good dude to my kid who loves him when he met him. I sincerely wish nothing but the best for him no matter where he goes in life. 

On to Sam Darnold. The entire time of Sam sitting at a table to sign autographs I may have seen 3-5 people walk up to get an autograph while CMC had hundreds. It was so awkward and sad that Sam sat there playing with his water bottle and talking to the security guy beside him making forced conversation. He could not wait to get up from that table once his time was uo due to the humiliation of having 3-5 people come up to his table while other players including CMC had hundreds. I felt so sorry for the guy and it was hard to watch. In the end Sam saw my kid looking at him and trying to sneak through security to watch him sit at the table. Sam noticed and smiled at my boy then gave a friendly wave. It really made me cry inside knowing he was so unwanted and not in demand there that he was embarrassed yet Sam still have a friendly wave and smile to a young child who was watching him in interest. Something tells me Sam may never figure out how to QB in the NFL but he isn't a bad dude at all and is by all means a warm and friendly human being. I don't necessarily want him as our QB at all but I really do think he is a good dude and I hated to witness what I did watching him sit there so awkwardly just trying to run the clock out on his time when he could get up and run away from that table. Really stuck with me so bad I didn't even want to mention it on this board but for whatever reason felt the need to now.

 

 

 

He's made 50 mil in his nfl career... that should help him make it through the tough times. 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If we are basing our qb selection on where the qb went to college, I suppose that means we should select Devin Leary.  I mean Russel Wilson, Philip Rivers, Roman Gabriel (yes, I am old), and a few others who have started games in the NFL.  

If you did NFL starts by college over the past 15 years, I would imagine that NCSU would be at the top.

Don't forget Jacoby Brissett and Mike Glennon.

 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...