• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

14 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

desperation move. I don't mind the price of a 2024 conditional 5th, but doesn't feel like there's any sort of long term vision. What good does winning 8-9 games this year instead of 5-6 do?

Puts us in contention for a wild card spot and gives us 50% more wins than we've had the last 3 years?

• Pie 1

Just now, stbugs said:

Great trade in the void of you aren’t looking at Corral’s development, aren’t realizing how much we wasted on Sam and Teddy, are ignoring Corral’s development and are ignoring the lesser chance of getting a franchise QB in 2023.

Hopefully it works out somehow but I don’t really feel like we will be better off after this year. I still agree that the trade itself is good value, way the fug better than our prior two year’s QB deals.

I don't think this trade was about Corral.

The only honest to goodness effect I see this having on him is that he's now even less likely to play this season than he already was.

But again, it was never about him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

What would you rather them do?

Continue the current shitshow until the curtain closed on the Darnold era, either by seasons end or his being usurped by Matt. Draft a qb and sign a vet to round out the 3 deep and go from there. It's going to take a miracle to change the trajectory of the dumb ass decision to sign and start Darnold. Throwing mediocrity at this thing is just prolonging the inevitable.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ill give you rodgers but no way on mahomes, there were articles his rookie year about how he was destroying the practices and making the vets lose their mind.  He could have started week 1

and then again AR had some of the best coaching/qb coaching there ever was.  I dont see rhule and co in that same regard

Huh... that QB coach is now our OC!

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get what you are saying I really do, however you are creating a headache, not just by bring in this headcase to the looker room but what do you do if he wins say 7-8-9 games?  Whats the plan then?

Edit to say:  If he makes the playoffs I would eat the biggest helping of crow ever on this board but come on we all know that aint happening

Didn't say I wanted us to do it. I actually didn't.

But it's done...

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:
17 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Quit complaining lets fuging go. We have a quarterback that lead the fuging browns on a playoff run two years ago. He now has the best line hes ever had with weapons across the board.

you are high

2020 he had Chubb at RB, and OBJ and Jarvis Landry at WR. I can't comment about his O-line, but he certainly had weapons-a-plenty.

5 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

And if Baker balls out and we make the playoffs (NFC is pretty weak this year overall) then we just got an Oceans Eleven style heist by getting him. 

Then we have to either franchise tag him or pay him roughly 5 years $150 million

you comfortable doing that?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

2020 he had Chubb at RB, and OBJ and Jarvis Landry at WR. I can't comment about his O-line, but he certainly had weapons-a-plenty.

He has had a top 5 line every year he's been in the league, with multiple pro-bowlers.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

So Baker ate 3.5 million to come here.  So much for not wanting Carolina.

We paid 5 mill and a conditional 2024 5th rounder.  He's an upgrade over Sam.  I guess we'll see how much.

He didn't have much choice. Either come here and show what he can do for the entire league to get a starter level contract next year, or sit at home.