• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why so much pessimism for Baker.

Alemanders

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Good article, and hard to argue against. The gist of it being:

1) The baker trade, in a vacuum, was good for Carolina. We improved our QB situation on the cheap. Even though it was only a slight upgrade in their opinion.

2) Unfortunately, outside the vacuum, this is our 4th reclamation QB (counting Cam's $6M last year) in 3 seasons. We have no plan and are basically desperately flailing around.

3) Rhule is just trying to save his job. (see #2)

MY view of the situation, while not disagreeing with any of this, is that Baker has the potential to be more than a little better than Darnold. Sam has never produced. I still see Corral as the future of this team, only now he has a better mentor to back up in his rookie season. I hope Darnold is off the team or 3rd stringer. And finally, just because we REALLY fugged up the Darnold deal and painted ourselves into a corner, at least we didn't double down on that screw up. We brought in a better vet for cheap and drafted a developmental QB who a lot of people had going in the 1st or top of the 2nd.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

2) He flat out SUCKS. The Browns thought so little of him they were willing to trade 3 first round picks for an accused sexual predator who might not even play this season. 

So was our braintrust and a lot of this board was perfectly content to overlook all those accusations. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Alemanders said:

What is the genuine dislike for Baker at this point? We got him cheaper than we got Darnold and Teddy by alot, and hes shown to be better than both. His injury is less severe than teddys, and he seems to have a better disposition than Sam. 

Because he’s a diva. The browns had a legit OL. He’s gonna get killed and whine worse than Teddy behind ours. 

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

1) Faker is a dramatic crybaby douche. He has talked an exorbitant amount of trash about UT football despite growing up in Austin and had the gall to go to OU. He’s a coward and he will never redeem himself in my eyes for that.

2) He flat out SUCKS. The Browns thought so little of him they were willing to trade 3 first round picks for an accused sexual predator who might not even play this season. They paid $10m to send Faker out the door. They basically gave him away. 

3) Even if I’m wrong and Faker looks better than I believe he will, the Panthers are a dumpster fire. Matt Rhule as we all know is not suited to be an NFL head coach. The roster is littered with injury prone star players. David Tepper has no idea what he’s doing football wise. It’s a mess, and Faker is a wildcard to create a mess of drama on this sinking ship.

So excuse me if I’m not excited. 

You really take this Texas stuff personally huh?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, scratched said:

If the Baker experiment doesn't work, we will have 1 QB under contract next year, that's Corral. What is there not to like about that situation? 

If baker doesn’t work then the new staff is going to be drafting a new qb and we will probably never see corral.   Hence some of our frustration.   It’s a huge long shot as it is for MC to work out as a nfl starter.  I mean the odds are astronomical as it is but I would at least like to see him play in the event he is productive.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1