• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp QB predictions..

Zod

14 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I may be alone in my thinking, but if another team has a quarterback go down in trading camp I can see Darnold being moved. This may seem unlikely, Carolina would have to take back a lot of salary. Also, is Sam considered so damaged no one would come calling? I know the “competition in training camp” is being talked up, but I believe Mayfield was brought in to be the starter. 

I'd think a team like the Texans or Seattle would have to trade for Sam if one of their QB's had a serious injury. Though there are probably better 3rd string backups floating around the league for cheaper. 

• Beer 1

Training camp for Baker will be very rocky. Dude has like 3 weeks to learn the playbook.  However by pre-season game 3, he starts looking like the starter and gets the nod week 1.  

If they look anywhere close to equal by end of pre-season, 100% Baker starts. 

Sam will look "decent" in pre-season and will be traded by week 3 to an team with QB injuries, even if it is to be backup.  

Corral looks like a rookie. Will play good against 3rd stringers in pre-season 4th quarters.  Huddle will say he would be the starter. 

PJ gonna be working at Bojangles. 

• Pie 1

Don't discount Darnold.  I know everyone wants him gone and I'm one of these people, but he knows the offense better and typically practices well.  Plus, he started off last year playing very well until he got injured.  This fanbase will implode if Darnold starts the season and it wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, jtm said:

Don't discount Darnold.  I know everyone wants him gone and I'm one of these people, but he knows the offense better and typically practices well.  Plus, he started off last year playing very well until he got injured.  This fanbase will implode if Darnold starts the season and it wouldn't surprise me.

I Hope Please GIF

Oh please Sam, ball out and make them look more stupid than they already are getting clowned for being.

Edited by rippadonn

3 hours ago, joemac said:

I believe he means putting Corral on the practice squad.  If you want to put a player on the PS, first you have to subject them to the waiver process.  Then, if another team signs said player, I believe they have to keep them on the 53 man roster. 

Yeah, I knew that, and I think that's just as crazy of a thinking that we'd cut him at all. We didn't invest a third round pick on Corral (particularly when picks were scarce, and when they purportedly had a first round grade on him) to risk him on waivers in any capacity. Anyone that thinks otherwise is basically low-key delusional.

We will run with 3 QBs before we put Corral on the Practice Squad.  I could see him being inactive for some games.  PJ Walker should be gone unless we plan on unloading Darnold somehow.  I could see us trading Darnold for pennies while eating most of his salary and using PJ as Baker's backup until Corral is ready. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We will run with 3 QBs before we put Corral on the Practice Squad.  I could see him being inactive for some games.  PJ Walker should be gone unless we plan on unloading Darnold somehow.  I could see us trading Darnold for pennies while eating most of his salary and using PJ as Baker's backup until Corral is ready. 

He will end up on injured reserve with an [insert fake injury here].

• Pie 2

Baker and Darnold have a fierce "competition" and both look sharp in the up tempo WC offense. 

Darnold starts preseason week 1 but it looks an awful lot like Cam/Mac Jones in NE last year - couple series, couple passes but mostly some run plays - Baker comes in and the playbook opens up a bit for  more passing. Team will claim its all about helping Baker get that in game timing down but its still a competition.

Baker starts the second and by the third preseason game has taken all the first team reps, Darnold looks about as good as Will Grier did facing 2nd/3rd unit guys and we flip him to Seattle where he has the USC connection with Pete Carroll and goes back to the West Coast for a 5th/6th and eat half his salary. Roll with Baker/MC and a practice squad QB into the regular season. 

This is Bakers team now barring any injuries. First offer they get to ship Sam out they'll take it.