• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby/ie should be cut before Week 1

davos

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Wether you look like him or not, Robbie is a good speedy, experienced WR that can contribute to the team. There is no reason to flat out cut him and still pay him. 

...thats one argument...but I don't see how this dude is going to help us....If I owned a McDonalds...he wouldn't get the job..

21 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...thats one argument...but I don't see how this dude is going to help us....If I owned a McDonalds...he wouldn't get the job..

That's another one but the fact is, he was the 2nd best WR on the team, stat wise. Unless we'd be replacing him with someone better, it doesn't make sense, stat wise...

I hope Robbie rebounds this year.  He had 519 yards and a 6.5% drop percentage last year with the worst QB in football. 

Meanwhile Thomas had a whopping 118 yards and a 13.3% drop rate or Chubba who had 786 total scrimmage yards and 18.9% drop rate.  Chuba was a rookie tho so.

Edited by poundaway

I just think that normally rational Huddlers have become irrational pertaining to Robbie. Perhaps if our team wasn't so bad last year, or if Robbie has had other similar years, I would understand the utter hate, but some of y'all are way over the top in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I just think that normally rational Huddlers have become irrational pertaining to Robbie. Perhaps if our team wasn't so bad last year, or if Robbie has had other similar years, I would understand the utter hate, but some of y'all are way over the top in my opinion.

Some of it is reasonable some isn't. The crap about how he talks or his hairstyle is not difficult to see through that's some of the same stuff we read with Newton. But Robbie's contract size and his repetition of being in the news cycle every time you look up is going to become a worn out act in any city with any fanbase. When you add in his tough time statistically last season it's reminiscent of the days like 2010 where we paid guys just for the sake of it and developed a culture of what can only be described as mediocrity. If he wants to change things the first step is to show fans what was missing last year and that begins on the field not on social media.

Edited by frankw