• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jessie Bates III wants out of Cincinatti.

mickeye76

Local college star out of Wake Forest is having contract dispute with team that drafted him in 2nd round.  If we can make a decent offer including picks or players ( future pick and player Robbie ) we have cap room maybe to sign.  Logistics aside the prospect of two young talented safeties playing together that complement each other like a ball hawk Bates and a playmaker linebacker hybrid Chinn is exciting.  I get the cons of lots of $$ invested at safety and the loss of yet another future draft pick but the pros are possibly worth the risk.  This move along with development by Burns,Brown, and Horn could legit give us a young defense that is scary good. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been begging for a legit FS for years but no. We're already pretty strapped on draft pick capital and I don't want this staff trading anymore future capital. They need to stink or swim with what they can muster up without further mortgaging our future.

Current history is not kind to spending wildly on safeties. 

I agree. Like the player but the price needs to be low and his contract demands probably don't make sense for a roster like ours.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Current history is not kind to spending wildly on safeties. 

I agree. Like the player but the price needs to be low and his contract demands probably don't make sense for a roster like ours.

This. He wants out of Cincinnati because he wants to get paid.

• Beer 1

If not for the Woods signing, this would have my attention. Tho I have been trying to start Krob for the last two years, would be a big play true FS.......but Rhule/staff do not like his risk factor/coaching ears....

Safety is one of the spots the panthers are deep, plus Bates wants big $$$$$$, it's against my religion to pay them.. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

Personally, I think our secondary is going to be excellent.  I think we have 2 safeties, Hartsfield, and 4 CBs who should be ready to play (Horn, Jackson, Henderson, Taylor).

If we are going to pay someone some money, it needs to be a pass rusher, imo

• Pie 1