• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Old Sports Injuries

Mr. Scot

when i was watching both the panthers super bowls in 2004 and 2016, i suffered what is deemed "disappointment induced cardiac insufficiency"  

My heart was literally broke and i had to lay there for days without moving. crapping on myself and everything

still suffer from chronic pessimism till this day. 

almost fully recovered in 2015 but yeah..

Edited by The Huddler
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, The Huddler said:

when i was watching both the panthers super bowls in 2004 and 2016, i suffered what is deemed "disappointment induced cardiac insufficiency"  

My heart was literally broke and i had to lay there for days without moving. crapping on myself and everything

still suffer from chronic pessimism till this day. 

almost fully recovered in 2015 but yeah..

Man lemme tell you. That 2016 super bowl destroyed me. It was 2 months after my brother died and the panthers had been helping me out so much that season. That loss broke my heart I broke down crying. Still I’m forever grateful for the Panthers and will be a fan for life because i always have that connection with my brother.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

The ratio of eating absolute poo vs. landing a tough trick for even the best skaters is like 5:1.  You will get injured skating if you're at all serious about it.

I skated when I was a teenager and fractured and then sprained my right ankle about a year apart.  Rolled the poo out of it both times bailing on a trick off a ledge.  That bastard still swells up and aches from time to time.  If you compare my right ankle to my left it's noticeably bigger.

Yeah I skated in my teens until I had to give it up for another sport I loved more because I got too fuged up. I fuged my ankles up to the point they click or pop when I walk. Have some sort of scar tissue on one side of my hip from bailing and falling on it so much. Broke my big toe, broke both my wrists. It’s a brutal sport. 

Rodney Mullens story about him breaking up his scar tissue is fuging insane.

http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/skate/skate-news/doctors-told-rodney-mullen-he-would-not-skate-again/

“Some scar tissue wrapped around my femur and pelvis and clasped together, pulling my femur into the hip socket. It was calcifying and was going to be the end of me walking normally. I don’t want to be that guy that milks it so I was planning to disappear. Doctors told me they couldn’t give me surgery and the only way to fix it was to break it, and that’s a very violent process. The bones had already started to fuse together so I had to physically put enough pressure on myself to break my own bone. I did that for an enormous number of hours. I stuck my leg in the wheel well of a car and grabbed the bottom of the frame and tweaked and tore as much as I could. My wife couldn’t be around me. After two and a half years, I broke the scar tissue and some of the bone. When I did break it, it scared me to death. I heard it break and after the nausea and the adrenaline, I was lying on my garage floor at three in the morning screaming with my face covered in snot and tears. I just thought, ‘I can skate!’”

• Pie 1

Oh God I read that story about Rodney sticking his leg in his car's wheel well and breaking up the scar tissue.  I don't know how he did that and didn't just pass out from the pain.

He's a fascinating dude, he's supposedly from a family of genius musicians, doctors, etc.  If you watch interviews with him he's kind of on a different wavelength from everyone else.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah I skated in my teens until I had to give it up for another sport I loved more because I got too fuged up. I fuged my ankles up to the point they click or pop when I walk. Have some sort of scar tissue on one side of my hip from bailing and falling on it so much. Broke my big toe, broke both my wrists. It’s a brutal sport. 

Rodney Mullens story about him breaking up his scar tissue is fuging insane.

http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/skate/skate-news/doctors-told-rodney-mullen-he-would-not-skate-again/

“Some scar tissue wrapped around my femur and pelvis and clasped together, pulling my femur into the hip socket. It was calcifying and was going to be the end of me walking normally. I don’t want to be that guy that milks it so I was planning to disappear. Doctors told me they couldn’t give me surgery and the only way to fix it was to break it, and that’s a very violent process. The bones had already started to fuse together so I had to physically put enough pressure on myself to break my own bone. I did that for an enormous number of hours. I stuck my leg in the wheel well of a car and grabbed the bottom of the frame and tweaked and tore as much as I could. My wife couldn’t be around me. After two and a half years, I broke the scar tissue and some of the bone. When I did break it, it scared me to death. I heard it break and after the nausea and the adrenaline, I was lying on my garage floor at three in the morning screaming with my face covered in snot and tears. I just thought, ‘I can skate!’”

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Oh God I read that story about Rodney sticking his leg in his car's wheel well and breaking up the scar tissue.  I don't know how he did that and didn't just pass out from the pain.

He's a fascinating dude, he's supposedly from a family of genius musicians, doctors, etc.  If you watch interviews with him he's kind of on a different wavelength from everyone else.

Legitimately one Of my athletic heroes. Rodney Mullen is a special human. His part in tony hawks new doc on hbo brought me to tears thinking about laying on the concrete, bleeding, but always willing to get up and try again because I loved it so much. 

Edited by RJK

42  year old ME...   dunking on an 8 foot basketball goal with my neighbor.  Landed , and knee ( ACL ) blew,,    " Back Then"  it wasn't the surgery we have today.  No replacement tenden.  So I have what some call a trick knee. I can walk, run,  but no sports like , basketball , tennis or anything where you have to plant your foot and push off.. The thigh slides off the shin bone and hurts lol. 

So I'm prepared to finish my life playing golf , lawn darts,  beer pong etc.

Started as a freshman vs. Elon--hurt my shoulder.  Played the rest of the season, losing snaps/playing time.  Went through Spring practice.  In the summer, had reconstructive surgery.  Since then I have had another surgery and they had to put a pin in it.  I now have 70% range of motion and my other shoulder now needs surgery.

I also had multiple concussions in high school and once in college.  How ever, they're seams to be know lasting effects that eye can sea.

I had an AC separation early in high school like sophomore year. It ebbed and flowed for a while, but never really bothered me in wrestling or whatever. Fast forward to college ball and anytime I did a shoulder and back day for workouts. I was out of commission for most of the day. My right shoulder never regained the strength and endurance so after a good shoulder workout I really couldn’t lift my arm. It would always go away after a a couple hours and it felt much better. But still always reminded me that it was still there. I was blessed to not get any serious injuries beside some scars from my years playing ball. No ACLs or anything crazy like that. 

On 7/30/2022 at 3:48 AM, Khyber53 said:

You guys have such cool stories. I tore my meniscus trying to carry too many groceries up the steps and into the house. 😞

I feel you pain bro. I pinched a nerve in my back and couldn't move for 5 days from turning sideways when my wife called my name. Getting old sucks. 

• Pie 1