• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

Many are missing the point that the ruling was based upon FOUR cases, not the entirety of the accusers cases.

Why? Time. They interviewed several of the accusers and found the best evidence with four of them. They knew they needed to submit something and have a ruling applied before the season started. So this is what they got.

If the NFL appeals, they are undermining the very system they put in place. And now, most of Watson's cases have been settled. After reading that, I don't know that there will be any further penalty. 

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

Rapes and assaults more than a dozen woman 6 game suspension. 

Places a bet on a game he's not in. One year suspension. 

Takes a knee for people who have no voice. Life time ban. 

Misogyny at its finest folks. 

Are you trying to set a record for the most incorrect things in a single post? I think the punishment was too light as well, but juses crust, this type of hyperbole is just counter productive.

• Poo 1

37 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Except when it comes to Charlotte sports teams it appears, I’d be surprised if they don’t throw the book at Miles Bridges.

Not comparing a felony to whatever they want to call Watson’s cases but I mean…

No way to know until we see what happens. The NBA is a little more consistent about meting out punishment. 

• Pie 1

Just now, MechaZain said:

just want to reiterate that I absolutely would have stopped watching football if we had gotten this guy and this decision is making me consider it anyway

I would suggest stopping. If this is the case that does it for you, don't ever dig into the history of the NFL.

This is pretty far from a league of choir boys and benevolent owners.

2 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Some people have their minds made already about Watson guilt and that's fine but I always thought it was innocent until proven guilty and not guilty until proven innocent?

Anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand or firmly between their ass cheeks like you has seen rich, famous, and powerful men get away with sexual abuse with no punishment or a slap on the wrist enough times to know that they aren't in the same justice system when "innocent until proven guilty" applies.

These fuggers, the standard is "where there's smoke, there's fire."

Attempting to compare NFL suspensions based on the actions of a player will do nothing but frustrate those who think there's any rhyme or reason to any of this.

Let's not forget this is a business that makes the vast majority of its money from broadcast contracts, and the companies behind those broadcast contracts have a lot more power than you think.

Don't forget, the PSLs are paid for, the capacity attendance will be announced week after week, regardless of what you see on TV, and the NFL will continue to report record revenues. 24 women, a few felony convictions, DUIs, PEDs.... none of that will stop, or even slow down, the money-making monster that is the NFL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Attempting to compare NFL suspensions based on the actions of a player will do nothing but frustrate those who think there's any rhyme or reason to any of this.

Let's not forget this is a business that makes the vast majority of its money from broadcast contracts, and the companies behind those broadcast contracts have a lot more power than you think.

Don't forget, the PSLs are paid for, the capacity attendance will be announced week after week, regardless of what you see on TV, and the NFL will continue to report record revenues. 24 women, a few felony convictions, DUIs, PEDs.... none of that will stop, or even slow down, the money-making monster that is the NFL. 

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Yep. And we will still watch.  Such is the beast.  

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why are people blaming the NFL here?  The NFL wanted an indefinite (at least a year) suspension but now the judge or whatever her title is is recommending 8 games

Well, you have the raging mob that wants a lifetime ban(which was never realistic given that the NFLPA wouldn't allow that) and then the people that just want their specific version of justice to be carried out.

It was never going to be that way. It's went to arbitration and the result was the result. There is really no use getting spun up about it. Not a single person knows any of the full picture and we don't know if that process was carried out fairly or not.

It quite literally just is what it is.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Some people have their minds made already about Watson guilt and that's fine but I always thought it was innocent until proven guilty and not guilty until proven innocent?

In the court of law. We're talking about whether he gets to throw a ball around for millions of dollars not his freedom.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well, you have the raging mob that wants a lifetime ban(which was never realistic given that the NFLPA wouldn't allow that) and then the people that just want their specific version of justice to be carried out.

It was never going to be that way. It's went to arbitration and the result was the result. There is really no use getting spun up about it. Not a single person knows any of the full picture and we don't know if that process was carried out fairly or not.

It quite literally just is what it is.

yep, I have been in and out of the office this morning so I havent seen this asked or answered.  If the NFLPA and Watson appeal is he eligible to play until they sort it out?  I am pretty sure brady did this in deflategate