• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Disciplinary Officer Sue Robinson is expected to announce her decision on Deshaun Watson's potential suspension Monday 9am EST

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I wonder if Tepper secretly regrets not out-bidding the Browns now knowing Watson is only out six games?

We have a better team now and not a rapist to worry about. More than likely he will do this again. Serial rapist always do. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The NFL has become one of the worst sports organizations in the world when it comes to reading optics.

They deserve a massive backlash over this, and frankly I hope they get it.

It's really starting to feel like boxing back before it took a nosedive. You know it's corrupt. You know it's rigged. They just don't give a poo because they don't have to. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The NFL has become one of the worst sports organizations in the world when it comes to reading optics.

They won't. The worst they have gotten is over Kaepernick and that all blew over too.

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's really starting to feel like boxing back before it took a nosedive. You know it's corrupt. You know it's rigged. They just don't give a poo because they don't have to. 

In fairness, they have a long way to go to hit boxing level of corruption.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One of the reasons I watch less than 5 games a year total and that includes all teams. The NFL is a joke. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As soon as organizations transition from trying to fairly and effectively deal with scandals and misconduct to worrying primarily about "the optics," they inevitably make themselves look about as bad as possible to as many people as possible.

One way to make yourself look guilty as he11 is to take actions specifically designed to make you look not guilty.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, ickmule said:

One of the reasons I watch less than 5 games a year total and that includes all teams. The NFL is a joke. 

I have watched less than 3-5 games per season since about 2017.  It was a culmination of things that led me to determine watching a game or two every Sunday was not worth my time. 

A lot of it was on the field stuff, like nobody being able to describe or determine what a catch was, without looking at it on replay with a mechanical engineer and two physicists going over it frame by frame. 

But, the constant Keystone Kops, reacting to everything (something happened.....we need a new rule.....which will make more problems than it will solve) and various off the field exploits by both players and owners all pushed me away.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I wonder if Tepper secretly regrets not out-bidding the Browns now knowing Watson is only out six games?

I feel like keeping 3 first round picks, $260m, and getting Baker Mayfield out of the deal for basically peanuts, is a decent consolation prize.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah cause 25 people are just lying and one is not. 🙄 I'm sure slavery was just a misunderstanding in your mind too. 

I was going to respond but it's no need. I'm black. Why would I think slavery is a misunderstanding? Because I don't have my pitchfork out wanting Watson's head? Smh 

5 minutes ago, scratched said:

Ridley got a year for betting on his team to win. Hopkins gets 6 games for PED's, and Watson gets 6 for this? No words to explain the utter disappointment with this! Such a terrible precedent being set by the NFL! 

Remember the NFL did technically want a longer suspension and a large fine. This was the decision by the arbitrator based on previous cases she selected that were "similar." 

10 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I was going to respond but it's no need. I'm black. Why would I think slavery is a misunderstanding? Because I don't have my pitchfork out wanting Watson's head? Smh 

I'd say it has more to do with you looking like you're not very informed on the story. Of course, it could also be that you don't want to know.

If you actually do, a good place to start is by reading the New York Times investigation by Jenny Vrentas.

If you prefer not to acknowledge any possibility that Watson might be guilty though, you don't have to read anything at all.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

In fairness, they have a long way to go to hit boxing level of corruption.

I'm not so sure anymore. SB50 was an obvious fix but it wasn't the first and won't be the last. Players and teams are held to completely different standards based on market size. No consistency, no accountability, no integrity and owners turn a blind eye because they all get profit sharing. Roger Goodell was the worst thing to ever happen to the NFL.