• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Commies GameDay Thread

Zod

Just now, pantherj said:

Overall not bad from Baker. He was overexcited and there was a miscommunication.

Yup, to be expected though, just joining the team and missing out on reps bc Rhule loves Sam probably doesn’t help him much. We’ve all said it, but he needs all the reps he can get. Rhule and his love fest for Sam, is hurting the team. 

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Smitty just said that if Baker marches the Panthers down the field after being here for just a cup of coffee, stick a fork in Darnold.

He's exactly right.

I'm still blown away that he ended up in Carolina with everything going on.

It’s ridiculous how cheap we got him for. Dude is a fiery baller and definitely a top 20-25 QB. The man took the friggin Cleveland Browns to the playoffs AND a playoff win. Only QB out of like their last 50 to do that... Is he a great long term franchise QB? Probably not, but for a year he can lead this team to the playoffs for sure. If that happens and he plays well I can see a 2-3 year extension and him being our Alex Smith (Chiefs era) while we evaluate Corral or try to find another long term guy.

I wonder if Darnold is going to be behind the same OL or if they're going to walk Ekwonu/Daley/Bozeman/Horton/Erving out there (according to the current depth chart on Panthers.com).

Pls let this be the last game we have to watch Pat Elflein start at center for Carolina. I hope that Bozeman decleats somebody.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Also Shi Smith absolutely needs to be on this team

I keep saying, he reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders, but maybe even more explosive.  I saw it in him last preseason.  I have a feeling he is going to have a big year, and not many people see it right now.