• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First impressions of McAdoo

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Situational awareness appears to have been vastly improved over previous play callers...

Play design looked pretty good, definitely saw receivers that were schemed open...

Not sure what the run/pass ratio was but it felt like it worked; did seem more run heavy in the red zone after the starters left the game...

Don't recall us having to call a time out because a playcall came in late, though at one point I thought PJ Walker had to use one out of confusion...

As always of course, there's only so much you can tell from a preseason game but again, these are only first impressions.

For what it's worth, they're good.

It’s all vanilla.  I don’t think you can judge anything.  NFL is all about team specific adjustments and game planning for each opponent. 

it’s not like people had their pitchforks out when TMJ was tearing up preseason ball with  the prior guy. 

Not too worried about the offense. 

MacAdoo looked good for running a vanilla scheme. Looks like we finally have a good stable of WR’s, as both Shi and Higgins look to be locks. TMJ gotta get healthy, and stay on the field, but if he doesn’t work out, I’m good with what we have behind him or possibly alongside him. 

The 1st thru 3rd quarters, I was pleased. 4th quarter was a dub, but we we’re fielding scrubs at that time. Scrubs that are worse than the other scrubs most teams have available to them.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really liked the down and distance management early on. On the first drive we consistently got into 3rd and short and converted. It's a lot easier to convert 3rd and 3 vs. 3rd and 8. At 3rd and short you have you're full playbook available.

Same. I knew I was forgetting something.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s all vanilla.  I don’t think you can judge anything.  

Hence why it's only "first impressions"...

Team stats

38 passing plays, 30 rushing attempts.

4 penalties ( off and def)...Washington had 6

no fumbles, no interceptions

Time of possession...Wash 31:12, Panthers 28:48 (turnovers influenced this)

Total Plays:  Panthers 71, Wash 66

3rd down efficiency  Panthers  11-18,  Wash 8-14 (Wash also 2-2 on 4th down)

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1