• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there tension behind the scenes?

NAS

I think you are trying to make a story out of nothing.  We have four QBs and they are playing by their chances to start.  They aren't rushing Corral out there because he is a rookie and probably not starting this year unless something really bad happens.  Walker is gone, but it helps to give him some playing time and maybe get something for him or to give him a chance to go somewhere else.  

• Pie 9

I agree with something I read. Rhule is in  make or break year. So prioritizing a 3rd round rookie isn’t important. 
That said two years in you can easily see who Rhule favors and doesn’t favor. 
Also he is still calling players out during press conferences and giving not-so-subtle blame. Which is just so unprofessional, imo. 
Either don’t say anything or talk to them behind close doors. 

• Beer 4

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

a) We aint getting jack poo for walker in a trade, thats just absurd

B) its not our place to showcase his ability so he can go to another team

That's what preseason games are for.  Do you think the team doesn't already know who is starting and who isn't or that anyone playing in the second half is really on the roster come cut day?   Why do you think he was playing?

21 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think Corrall was Fitt’s draft choice and Rhule refusing to give him reps has to be creating some tension behind the scenes. There is no other explanation that would make sense.  

Explanation for what?

2 minutes ago, parker said:

That's what preseason games are for.  Do you think the team doesn't already know who is starting and who isn't or that anyone playing in the second half is really on the roster come cut day?   Why do you think he was playing?

He was playing because matt rhule is a moron and is not a competent nfl coach

In your opinion what is the best case scenario for playing PJ?  What do possible think we could trade him for?

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

It's possible but I would be surprised if the guy that Matt Rhule selected to be his assistant GM would flip on him that quickly. 

I don't doubt that perhaps Fitterer and Rhule don't agree on everything. I am not sure it is at the level of there being active tension.

Especially over a 3rd round rookie player that was only likely to see the field if Mayfield hadn't been traded for and Darnold had been injured.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2