• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where were you when...

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

I even remember exactly what I said.

(Smith catches the ball, cuts inside towards the middle of the field, and takes off)

"Get inside, inside, first down! RUN, MOTHERFU**ER  RUNRUNRUN SH*T HOLY SH*T!!"

I'd imagine many similar statements were made around that same time 😕

I was watching the game at home with my wife, 4 year old and 1 year old sons who are Panthers fans. I was 40 years old at the time and we went crazy as soon as Smitty caught it.

I was screaming "HE’S GONNA SCORE! HE’S GONNA SCORE! IT'S OVER BABY!"  My 4 year old was dancing all over the living room and my wife was in tears. She couldn't believe it and was shaking all over. She was a reck by the time the second overtime started.  So was I honestly. 

8 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Standing in middle of my parents living room jumping up and down with tears running down my face. I was 15 at the time. 

this. I just remember the house also being hot as hell and I would go outside every commercial break to cool TF off.... the emotional roller coaster of that game....

Watched the game at work, which was at a sports bar, but requested the night off for the game.  I had recently moved to Raleigh and noticed the lack of Panthers following.  So needless to say there wasn't many avid Panthers fans there (like none) but people interested in the game because it was a NFL playoff game.  Being half crocked and yelling at the TV made me sort of a spectacle.  When X clown happen, I ran around the room dishing out high fives to strangers and co-workers alike.  It was awesome!

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Watching at home. Was losing my mind over the course of that game. So many crazy highs and lows.

In OT and I took off and put on the jersey like a maniac as plays went against us and for us.

The final play I was losing my mind.

Speaking of highs and lows, man that was one hell of a clutch interception by Manning to get the ball back when the Rams were driving and looking hot. I was excited when Steve made the catch especially with how open he was but 17 year old me flipped when the one Ram defender near him missed the tackle. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Not trying to steal thunder here, but the following week in Philly had a great play as well (Foster 1 yd run).  Still, beating the Rams (I think they had a 14-game home winning streak) was awesome.  I was at my aunt's house and my cousin came in from KY. They arrived in OT.   She thought it was funny to stand in front of the TV.  I nearly lost a cousin that night.

Edited by MHS831