• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

Just now, Floppin said:

That Corral got injured and that sucks but he was going to play behind depth oline in the preseason no matter what and even if he was QB1 he's going to take hits and be exposed to potential injury. This "it's Rhule's fault because he didn't wrap him in bubble wrap and have all world lineman in front of him every play" is just stupid bullshit.

I wasn't referring to the injury being Corral's fault. I was referring to the idea that some seem to believe, that as long as the linemen are draft picks, it's not their fault if they don't protect the QB.

Corral played behind a poo OL and got hurt when the defense rushed 4, there were 5 OL in to block, and 3 DL got to him.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I wasn't referring to the injury being Corral's fault. I was referring to the idea that some seem to believe, that as long as the linemen are draft picks, it's not their fault if they don't protect the QB.

Corral played behind a poo OL and got hurt when the defense rushed 4, there were 5 OL in to block, and 3 DL got to him.

Well maybe I got mixed up in the replies but I thought you were bitching because Rhule was playing Corral behind a garbage line and that's the reason he got hurt and therefore he shouldn't have done so. If that wasn't the case then I apologize.

I feel bad for Corral because this injury kills his chances to be a starter here. I feel there's 2 ways the season plays out. 1- Baker plays well, and we make or just miss the playoffs thus making us have to extend him because we'll have no other option except for Corral who looks completely unready or 2- We bottom out Rhule gets axed, and a new staff comes in and handpicks a QB in the 1st rd of the draft. 

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

340 more passing attempts. They arent at all far off from each other overall as players though. Some of ya'll like to prop up certain players versus others for some reason. I'm equal opportunity in my criticism. They both suck as starters or backups. Nuff said.

I think our debate was over whether Darnold is better than PJ. Statistically Darnold is far better than PJ. If you take PJ attempts and match them with Sam… PJ would have 11 more INTs and - less TD. Also, PH would have been sacked 21 more times. Not sure how PJ rushing TD would have been… but from statistic trends would have been basically nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Floppin said:

That Corral got injured and that sucks but he was going to play behind depth oline in the preseason no matter what and even if he was QB1 he's going to take hits and be exposed to potential injury. This "it's Rhule's fault because he didn't wrap him in bubble wrap and have all world lineman in front of him every play" is just stupid bullshit.

Even Rhule basically acknowledged that life ain't fair...Everyone knows that it's better for a QB to play behind better players. Come on, dude.

58 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I wish him a good recovery.  Honestly, I haven't been impressed with Corral.  I know it's an unpopular opinion.  I know some Huddlers are going to point to how young he is and adjusting to the speed of the game.  To that I say, even when talented qbs are new to the NFL, they typically show something in preseason games that's impressive.  There is usually an identifiable trait you can see in the game, the x factor they bring.  I don't see that with Corral.  I hope I'm wrong, but my money is on a wasted pick.

Yep it was really frustrating to see Howell have 2 scoring drives against us and even Zappe has showed more than Corral. 

16 minutes ago, Floppin said:

@Floppin you don't have to apologize for poo.. Classic rabbit hole from Splacknuts..

51 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

In all but one or two possessions, he was the only drafted player on the field. As in, the other 10 guys were all UDFAs. He got the dregs that most camp arms get, as a third-round pick, to preserve PJ Walker. And then people expect him to be firing 35-yard strikes, to who? To the rejects who won't be on the team in a week and couldn't get separation from a fuging fencepost? With what time? Protected by Rhule's rejects like Tecklenburg, who's not even XFL-tier?

He posted this.. It was pointed out that his whole 1st sentence was a complete lie.. And now he will spend 3 pages trying to deflect and change the subject..

Lol

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1