• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers shopping TMJ?

NAS

Heres the deal- I do not believe that twatter source. * I do believe the panthers are taking and maybe making calls about TMJ.

In a recent Rhule presser, he put public pressure on TMJ. Along the lines " We need to see him practice very soon, it's TIME." Seems like the training staff have told him TMJ is ready and TMJ feels like hes not 100%........ pure guess, both Rhule rarely goes public with a statement like that.

Another layer is Joe Brady. Brady's influence for both Derrick Brown and TMJ becoming panthers was a big part of the reason. TMJ may not have the toughness Rhule is sooooo fond of. Some WRs have to be 100% in order to play, or feel like they cannot perform....mental game deal. CMC spoke that TMJ looked totally different, as well. If the best WR in the league is never healthy, what good is he? If a late 2nd WR needs to be 100% for any work, what good is he when the whole league plays hurt??

I think Marshall was a Brady pick because of the LSU connection .  He may have talent but you can not' make the club from the tub .  Its sad for Marshall  ,but Rhule was not the problem .   The best players should play regardless of draft position .   He is taking a spot that others have worked hard for and not had injury problems  .  Some team might take a chance on him , but we are not in a position to let him sit .

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Heres the deal- I do not believe that twatter source. * I do believe the panthers are taking and maybe making calls about TMJ.

In a recent Rhule presser, he put public pressure on TMJ. Along the lines " We need to see him practice very soon, it's TIME." Seems like the training staff have told him TMJ is ready and TMJ feels like hes not 100%........ pure guess, both Rhule rarely goes public with a statement like that.

Another layer is Joe Brady. Brady's influence for both Derrick Brown and TMJ becoming panthers was a big part of the reason. TMJ may not have the toughness Rhule is sooooo fond of. Some WRs have to be 100% in order to play, or feel like they cannot perform....mental game deal. CMC spoke that TMJ looked totally different, as well. If the best WR in the league is never healthy, what good is he? If a late 2nd WR needs to be 100% for any work, what good is he when the whole league plays hurt??

Soft tissue injuries are so iffy. It's just hard to trust it unless it feels new. I pulled a hammy that took 3 months to recover from, and about 95% healed I pulled it again. Not saying that's the case but I understand wanting it to feel perfect. 

27 minutes ago, catnip said:

I think Marshall was a Brady pick because of the LSU connection .  He may have talent but you can not' make the club from the tub .  Its sad for Marshall  ,but Rhule was not the problem .   The best players should play regardless of draft position .   He is taking a spot that others have worked hard for and not had injury problems  .  Some team might take a chance on him , but we are not in a position to let him sit .

Joe Brady wasn't making the calls on our draft picks.  Or our free agents.  People keep acting like Joe Brady was all powerful and had all this authority.   The things by some early this offseason was to blame Joe Brady somehow for bringing in Sam Darnold based on nothing outside of wanting to deflect away from Rhule. 

He was newb OC who Matt Rhule didn't even trust to run our offense. 

• Beer 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Soft tissue injuries are so iffy. It's just hard to trust it unless it feels new. I pulled a hammy that took 3 months to recover from, and about 95% healed I pulled it again. Not saying that's the case but I understand wanting it to feel perfect. 

DJ Moore played most of 2021 injured. Smitty played with alllllll sort of injuries including broke arm. Like you I got no clue, speculating and all. Just with the Rhule comments, its feels like a battle is going on between Rhule/docs/trainers vs TMJ/agent/crew.... 

Healthiest any player is day 1 of OTAs, after that its down hill. Playing with pain, its a big part of being a NFL player. Maybe TMJ needs to retire and pick up track and field.....