• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule fired midseason - final poll thread

Matt Rhule fired midseason - final poll thread  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rhule be fired during midseason?

12 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Sick of the pessimism. That’s off-season fodder. Meaningful games are a few weeks away. Get on the bandwagon or find somewhere else to exhaust your anger. 

super bowl. Let’s go 

Objectivism is not pessimism. Rhule has sucked to date and looked incompetent at the NFL level... fact. Until there is evidence otherwise in the form of several weeks of looking actually competent at the NFL level, at least 8 games IMO, nothing about that perception will change.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

17 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I'd rather my team win than to be right about thinking the coach wasn't good. 

And I'm going to keep hoping the team wins each week while reserving the right to go back to calling for his job as things go south.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Rhule pulls off a miracle and turns this team around and into being winners, I'll admit I was wrong about him and support him from here on out. 

Completely agree and I would gladly eat crow should this be a playoff caliber season, but the supporting evidence that he is a fraud is pretty substantial. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I think he is going to quit around Thanksgiving if we are completely out of the conversation by that time. He will give the typical “spend time with my family” garbage only to take a college job 2 weeks later. 

resigning looks better on a resume than getting fired 

33 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Objectivism is not pessimism. Rhule has sucked to date and looked incompetent at the NFL level... fact. Until there is evidence otherwise in the form of several weeks of looking actually competent at the NFL level, at least 8 games IMO, nothing about that perception will change.

There is a very fine line between pessimism and being realistic. I can appreciate a glass half full mentality but some people need to accept this. 

36 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Pretty much...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Completely agree and I would gladly eat crow should this be a playoff caliber season, but the supporting evidence that he is a fraud is pretty substantial. 

I can't argue with you there and I've been saying he isn't a pro-ready HC since the early days of this regime. I also don't believe in Phil Snow or that there is even an overall concept for this team. I'm not even that big on Fitterer.

And don't get me started on Tepper...

But, if they all prove me wrong, then a dinner of crow I will eat and enjoy. It's better to be the happy fool than the bitter genius most days.

Both seasons have been disasters – 5-12 in 2021, 5-11 the year prior – and Rhule, considered an offensive guru and mentor to QBs, hasn’t been able to turn the corner with Sam Darnold, Cam Newton or anyone else under center. Rhule and new QB Baker Mayfield might be getting their final opportunities this season to show they can lead a contending team. 

What about that says anything about playoffs or developing young QBs on the field instead of the imagination?

On 8/23/2022 at 6:09 PM, Khyber53 said:

I'd rather my team win than to be right about thinking the coach wasn't good. 

And I'm going to keep hoping the team wins each week while reserving the right to go back to calling for his job as things go south.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Rhule pulls off a miracle and turns this team around and into being winners, I'll admit I was wrong about him and support him from here on out. 

If we do win this year it’ll be more about our improved staff around him than Matt actually being a good NFL coach

• Pie 2