• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I might be drinking the koolaid on this..

WOW!!

55 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

The switch was on for Luvu last year. Every time he was on the field he was around the ball making plays. 

And I'd add that he never playe like JAG last year. He has a fire in him and a knack for making plays. 

Yeah, some already expected Baker to be a steal, and I'd argue that you could see it coming, but Luvu may have been a steal on the other side of the ball, and 99 percent of people couldn't see that coming. Kevin Greene (RIP) did. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I was a little suprised Luvu was the MLB. I assumed Littleton would have been. When Shaq returns between him, Luvu, Wilson, Littleton and Smith we should be fine at LB as long as they stay healthy. 

The corners are deep with Jackson, Horn, and CJ, etc.. I expect CJ to get picked on early on. That was the unit I thought might be the best on D BUT the safety pairing of Chinn and Woods have the potential to be one of the best.

Only thing I'm worried about is that Dline. But IF Derrick Brown plays every week like he played last night we'll be more than fine. I'm just trying not to overreact based on the competition we played. But still, that's an an NFL team...a damn good one at that. There depth should be lightyears ahead of ours. 

Bottom line, my ideal lineup from what I've seen would be Luvu-Shaq-Smith (if he improves his tackling). Watching YGM with Smith lined up behind him made me smile ...then the sack came 

• Pie 1

The issue, as it would be with any LB group is the ability of the DLine to keep the Guards and Tackles engaged and so they can roam.
Not so confident that we can. Hopeful but not confident.

The LBs dont lack talent, but D-Line depth and…Girth is an issue that we haven’t addressed. (no eggplants)

44 minutes ago, Mills said:

The issue, as it would be with any LB group is the ability of the DLine to keep the Guards and Tackles engaged and so they can roam.
Not so confident that we can. Hopeful but not confident.

The LBs dont lack talent, but D-Line depth and…Girth is an issue that we haven’t addressed. (no eggplants)

That is the very problem that throttled our LBs in the past year or two.  If the opposing OL can get to them, their ability to read and react goes in the tank.  They can still read, but are in no position to react.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our LBs talent, but they have to be kept clean by the DL.