• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: best & worst vs Bills

top dawg

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I don’t think you are recalling correctly. Everything I recall from the Senior Bowl was bad, game and practices. Fitterer was on the draft show talking about picking him based on what the Alabama coaches said to him. Didn’t mention the Senior Bowl at all. Heck, remember his PR about losing weight right after the Senior Bowl? That was damage control because of how bad he looked. Practice reps are hard to watch because you get 5-10 seconds of an entire day, but the game was awful. The DL talent was pretty scarce that year, but he still got beat like a drum. 

Lol, so he basically picked him based on word of mouth. That's a little concerning. I do remember that weight statement afterwards though. 

On the bright side, I do think there is a strong possibility he'd wouldn't get poached from our PS. 

1 minute ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Lol, so he basically picked him based on word of mouth. That's a little concerning. I do remember that weight statement afterwards though. 

On the bright side, I do think there is a strong possibility he'd wouldn't get poached from our PS. 

I mean, consider him telling the stories of Phil Snow saying Darnold looked like Matt Stafford and Rhule's wife remembering how well Hubbard played against Baylor.

Not sure this guy completely has a grasp on how to evaluate guys at the NFL level.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, consider him telling the stories of Phil Snow saying Darnold looked like Matt Stafford and Rhule's wife remembering how well Hubbard played against Baylor.

Not sure this guy completely has a grasp on how to evaluate guys at the NFL level.

He doesn't have the first clue.

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

He doesn't have the first clue.

He seems to be good at the high school level evaluation. He alluded to looking for athletic traits in his first season here, IIRC. And that does work when you have 4 years to coach a raw player up. 

It isn't the same kind of evaluation in the NFL and you aren't bringing in 25-30 possible players every year. You get maybe 6-10. The misses hurt a lot worse. You really need to be able to identify pro-caliber players and guys that have the motivation level to succeed at the NFL level.

I don't think Rhule has that ability. The FO personnel probably does but I don't think Rhule himself does.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yes, very concerning to me. Ignore the fact that every grading/ranking had Smith as a day 2 pick and his RAS score was light years better than Brown. It is very troubling to me that Fitt mentioned an Alabama coach’s recommendation when we coached at the Senior Bowl. That statement was in the draft confidential video, so no interpretation. The other thing that worries me was at that point they mention Hoskins and the LS. There were a ton of people on the board still but they already had their list. It reminded me of Hurney’s data flaw. He’d seem to have his list of favorites and couldn’t go off script so we never grabbed a guy who fell or pivoted when the realization that no one else had a player ranked as high (Deonte, Little, Grier). It ended with reaches and not drafting true BPA.

Deonte can go to PS with no worries at all.

A LOT of what Rhule has done is very Hurney-esque. 

21 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Ellis Williams is saying that there are teams interested in trading for Erving. If that is true that would be awesome and we should sign on the dotted line ASAP.

Please.  He's dead weight.  That's a lot of money for a backup.  I'd take a TE or MLB straight up or a 6th rounder in next year's draft.

• Pie 1

Luvu was a great pick up and I'm happy he gets his chance here. I when back to his Wash st. tape and he was flying around all over the field, not sure how he when undrafted but glad he here now and seems to be a high motor kinda guy...

On 8/28/2022 at 11:13 AM, stbugs said:

@Basbear CJ didn’t look good against backup WRs. I always temper my enthusiasm for camp stars like TMJ last year. The real games count and show the real results. Starters should look good against backups. You can’t always draw conclusions from preseason, like Derrick Brown looking great, because he was going against a 3rd string OL. If you don’t look good against backups that’s when it is a concern.

Brother when youre using PFF.......might as well take specialjuan opinion....... Gave up a big play, I thought he was in great position. Much like Ickey hes going to have some rough plays, but this is his first time being healthy with real NFL coaching.   

Even with his great camp, I think hes going to have a tough time getting snaps. Panthers are loaded at DB and even the LBs look decent now. I still believe him on the field will be best for panthers. 

Edited by Basbear