• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

As our WR3 with TEs/FBs playing 140% of snaps (meaning 2 TEs or TE/FB 40% of the time), he had 48% of the snaps. He basically played half the year and still did nothing. He missed 3 games, but like this preseason game he played way too much to have 17 catches in 13 games or 0 catches against Buffalo.

He’s been injured but when he’s been out there he’s also been ineffective. This trade probably makes him inactive most weeks.

I'm not advocate for the guy. He's definitely been a non factor for us so I couldn't care less if they cut his ass. The only reason he's here is because of Joe Brady anyway. 

Rashard Higgins will be 28 in October and on a one-year deal. 

Zylstra and Saunders are meh. Great in August....JAGs the rest of the year and not enough to pass up on a 23-yr old WR that has actually produced in the NFL.

TMJ should be held onto to see if he can A.) stay healthy B.) step up when competition comes in to take his lunch money.

I think this makes sense in a Cordarelle kinda way. Kick the tires for peanuts and see if you can push TMJ to be better, or maybe you find a youngster that can be your WR4/gadget play weapon. His contract is insanely team-friendly.

• Beer 2