• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

from what ive seen he has only missed 2 games since coming to the NFL. Is that correct?

If you read up on Twitter the takes from Jags fans who know all about him it's a mixed bag and this is just part of that full picture he hasn't missed many games because he's only 23 but he's been banged up. This is a boom or bust trade and for a late rounder I'm obviously fine with it but I'm not going to put blinders on and assume every Jags fan is being a hater ya know.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If you read up on Twitter the takes from Jags fans who know all about him it's a mixed bag and this is just part of that full picture he hasn't missed many games because he's only 23 but he's been banged up. This is a boom or bust trade and for a late rounder I'm obviously fine with it but I'm not going to put blinders on and assume every Jags fan is being a hater ya know.

I've been following Shenault since his years at colorado. The guy when used correctly can be as elite as Deebo. The post above has an awesome video of what he brings to the position you rarely see in a single WR.

55 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

@Mr. ScotI keep thinking about that play that i called out in that other thread where Chuba dropped the ball after Baker threaded the needle... Shenault running that route is going to be money.  I love this move bc I think McAdoo is going to have some plays drawn up for a player like Shenault, and also this helps alleviate pressue on the TE shortcomings.

My guess would be it started with McAdoo, so yeah I'd say he's got ideas.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

He the closest thing we will have to CMC if he gets hurt again.  That had to play a factor in the decision.

I think the NFL is converting to the "Wide Back" model could play a role here. You can thank Shanahan and McVay for that.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1