• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade Dennis Daley to Titans

TheSpecialJuan

48 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

He young (26) and has extensive experience and position flexibility (34 career games with 21 starts, left tackle (13 games), left guard (seven games) and right guard (one)

...and hasn't done very well at any of them. They can have him. I'll take that pick for someone like him anytime.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm talking about the wr we traded for.  That's an odd trade if you are using him solely as a wr. If he's the slot guy then where does Shi fit in?

If he's a rb/wr or poor man's CMC then there goes Hubbard.  Say he's a replacement for Hubbard and that might make sense. 

He's an improvement on Hubbard and an addition to the WR corps giving us another dimension. I think he can play the slot, but he can line up anywhere. I said before, he can be used like Cordarrelle Patterson. A true hybrid guy.

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is what I'm thinking...

2back.PNG

With DJ and Robby out wide at the 3 and the 9, Shi Smith in the slot at the 5 and CMC and Shenault split beside Baker at the 3 and 4. 

I'm not saying make that our base offense, but that's a formation that can creat a lot of damn matchup problems for a defense situationally.

Having 2 guys in the backfield that can block can make that a possibility. Foreman could fit the same scheme, Chuba can't

I had a feeling when the board was melting down over the trade for Shenault that the entire book was not yet written. 

I think the most Rhule had to do with this is supplying Fitts the list of cuts as soon as he could.  That's not a knock on Rhule, but it's not the HC's job to orchestrate trades.  He may not know where to start, and few HCes would.  That is purely a GM's job.

Somebody joked that Daley would probably have an All-Pro year.  Nope.  Now had we traded him to the Bills.......

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

I believe all but one are 2024. The 7th for Laviska is a 2023 pick. If I am not mistaken.

There's no 8th round values.  So how do you value a 2024 7th? Zero?

So trying to adjust for the value of time in the picks:

Daley:   '24 5th- '24th 7th= 6th-8th=  21-0= 21
Shenault 23 7th + '24 6th = 7th+7th=8.2+8.2=16.4

We received 4.6 more in value for Daley than we spent on  Shenault after adjusting for time.  Essentially we came out with an additional 7th round pick 25 after both trades.

Edited by poundaway