• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Cleveland Browns at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Wait wait I thought you told me Baker was good? Some told me I was dumb for not putting him in the top 10 QBs yall are clowns. Listen when I speak. Learn something.

Baker is the Everyman. Not tall, not fast, not superior athletically but has the heart of every guy under six feet with a dream.

Congrats we are now below the Cleveland Browns.

Wake up and demand better folks. The Kool Aid must be spiked.

It's insanity expecting Matt Rhule lead team to do any better.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, we supposedly have an elite running back and OL that has a strength in run blocking. Why not just pound them straight out of the gate and set the tone?

But, keep in mind that everyone keeps falling for this "Rhule wants to run the ball" poo but that isn't who Brady or McAdoo are. 

It was obvious they wanted to come out and sling the ball around and had no idea what they were walking into. Rhule has preached about running the ball for 3 years and always gets away from it. Even with a rookie LT he still came out throwing it this game. The man is BS through and though. He wants these guys to look like Mahomes or Allen and they are all thrown away top picks for obvious reasons that he ignores to set them up for a career worst year. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Might have already been posted but fug it. Lame ass refs deserve their sad attempt of an excuse to be broadcast.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/intentional-grounding/

Delayed Spike.
 A passer, after delaying his passing action for strategic purposes, is prohibited from throwing the ball to the ground in front of him, even though he is under no pressure from defensive rusher(s).

Penalty: For intentional grounding:

1. loss of down and 10 yards from the previous spot; or
  2. loss of down at the spot of the foul; or

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I just got home from the game. It was hot and I was distracted by gf and 10 yr old kid who didn't really want to be there.

I'm trying to think of some positives that would improve my outlook for this season but I can't think of any.

Mayfield dropping 3 snaps and getting 4 passea knocked down was pathetic and lost us the game. 

Didn't try to establish the run early. Lost us the game.

Defense was total trash. Horn 2 holding calls and Henderson completely forgetting how to pass defend was unforgivable. 

I've been giving Rhule the benefit of the doubt but no more. He will go down in flames.

I'm not a habitual bettor but I lost 2 bets. The under and the spread. I suck at gambling.

I did, however, get the Panthers score correct 24.

So overall I had fun but we lost.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Sure, I do. Doesn’t mean I can’t disagree with it. 

Do you think that call directly contributed to the Browns having the last second FG opportunity?

Sure.  Why were the Panthers in the position to get knocked out of the game from one bad call?  Did they play like garbage for a majority of the game and put themselves in a hole?  Yup, sure did.  They lost because of a variety of different things they did throughout the entire game.  As I stated before, one bad call was the last nail in the coffin.  The panthers lost this game, simple and plain, not the refs.  

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, ECHornet said:

I’m overreacting. It was his first NFL game ever against one of the toughest assignments in the NFL. He’ll get better, but I agree he is better suited for guard right now (and maybe forever). 

Agreed. Or at least until he’s better acclimated to the speed of the NFL. What I find strange is Brady Christensen is better suited at the LT, so he’s well suited as a placeholder if or until Ikewonu gets up to speed. Ickey’s strengths are his power and run blocking which is well-suited for the LG position and he’s got college experience at the position. I can’t understand why the Panthers are always trying to pound square pegs into round holes.

• Beer 1