• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Refs robbed us

countryboi

We were terrible for 90% of the game but this is one we should've stolen if the refs didn't screw up so much.  I don't think conspiracy but, man, we didn't need all the calls to go the wrong way.  I think this will be one the games I always remember as lost due to officials. 

(The other was years ago against Dallas when Pep blocked a FG and we won... only to have the refs call a penalty for running into the kicker.  The penalty should've been nullified by the fact that the ball was touched and, even though the replay obviously showed the ball changing trajectory when it hit Pep's hand, they claimed it wasn't clear and let it stand costing us the game.)

Refs are still in preseason form but they also called delay of game on us, but let the Browns go on at least two snaps that went just as long.

I think they'll end up acknowledging that the call against Burns and the intentional grounding no-call were mistakes.  A lot of good it will do, though.

• Pie 1

We played like poo and probably deserved to lose.  But we were ahead on the scoreboard and 1 and/or 2 calls by the refs at the end allowed the other team to change the scoreboard and ultimately the frustrating outcome. 

I can compartmentalize that and separate it from the fact that for much of the day the team lacked discipline and organization and were outplayed and over-matched. 

So its pretty much a poo of a Sunday afternoon and I am stone cold sober.   Depressing all around.

• Pie 1