• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Refs screwed us

gorillamilitia13

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Maybe Joe Brady was somewhere behind the scenes conspiring with the refs to make the Panthers look bad too right?

They overcame a downright sh1tty performance, which I thought was impossible until the 4th qtr. Like I said earlier, the roughing call hurt but I can live with it. However, that spike was intentional grounding, was flagged and overturned. In the end, it cost the game… 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Football has been around for a long time.  If you lose because of the refs.  You still lost.  We put ourselves in position for the refs to be able to "impact" the game.  Because our team was unprepared, we had a bad gameplan, and stunk all game. 

Matt Rhule post game said he didn't believe the Browns could get in FG position in a minute.  He must not watch a lot of football then.  Because NFL teams routinely pull that off at the end of games. 

and the dope was left at the end of the game w/ a timeout.  Should of used it like the Broncos did week 1 in the Super Bowl rematch. 

Yes, the refs sucked.  Yes, they botched calls that last drive.  Refs botch calls.  They do it all game, in every game. 

In the end the better team won.  It is what it is.  But it would have been nice if they at least got the fake spike right.  Maybe if Matt Rhule knew how bad they botched it like he said....he should of gone apeshit in game on the refs about it and tired to get something done.  Didn't see that happen either.   That was the game.  And he didn't seem to care that much IMO. 

Who gets credit for coming back and making it a game? Seriously, I’m not sold on Rhule either, but to blame this loss on him is just fuging blind hatred. 

20 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

They overcame a downright sh1tty performance, which I thought was impossible until the 4th qtr. Like I said earlier, the roughing call hurt but I can live with it. However, that spike was intentional grounding, was flagged and overturned. In the end, it cost the game… 

This is what gets me, they realized after they made the call that it ended the game with a runoff. Forget about how crappy we played or whatever most people are trying to counter with, at its core, that penalty was a game ender. These grey area penalties are nothing but ways for the NFL to nudge games in the direction they want. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

Who gets credit for coming back and making it a game? Seriously, I’m not sold on Rhule either, but to blame this loss on him is just fuging blind hatred. 

I mean, the loss is on Matt Rhule.  He had a very poorly prepared team.  He had a very poor gameplan on both sides of the ball.  He had poor in game management. That's reality. 

Now, could we of walked out with a win if the refs did their properly on the final drive? Sure. 

But too much gets put on final drives scenarios and refs.  Refs impact the game w/ bad calls from start to finish.   You can't leave it up to the refs to get one call right or wrong at the end.   

What Carolina did for 59 minutes got them the L. 

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

No sh*t, I feel like I need to pass out tissues or something.

The same people that threw emotion agaisnt facts and concerns blindly going farther down the delusional rabithole? I am shocked, shocked I say

Oh My God Wow GIF

Edited by Waldo

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who else is to blame for the team looking completely unprepared if not the head coach?

It is 100% Rhule’s fault, there is no doubt about that. But we also got screwed by the refs on the last drive. Not mutually exclusive.

I loved this from the Raleigh Observer (?):

“And as much as people will point to a questionable roughing-the-passer penalty on Brian Burns that jump-started the Browns’ winning drive and set up their long-range field goal for a 26-24 win, much of the blame lies where it so often does, on a head coach who managed to both settle for a field goal and leave too much time on the clock at the end, a pair of decisions that came back to bite him on each cheek.

There’s a gym class somewhere missing Matt Rhule, whose team managed to look like 53 guys who were meeting for the first time in the first half only to be let down, once they figured things out, by their coach’s decision-making at the most critical moment in the second…

Rhule even walked away with a timeout in his pocket after the Panthers got the ball back with 8 seconds to go, for all the world looking like a guy pulling a Full Costanza after finding out the Nebraska job was open. If the Panthers had any trophies, he’d be dragging them around the parking lot right now. That, at least, would have been a Rhule decision fans could get behind.”

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Because…that caused the defense to allow 217 yards rushing 

no pressure on the QB

not being able to wrap on tackle

an ol that was horrible 

a qb who couldn’t take a snap

not using the star player…their only star more than 14 times

a coach who didn’t declare his starter qb and his starting line until the last preseason game (for one qtr)

the list goes on and one but yeah, the refs ‘screwed them’.  The organization screwed themselves hiring Rhule

Not discrediting all of that, despite that we still should have won be it not for the refs. They gave this one to the Browns