• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can they beat the Giants???

Jmac

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Browns just gave the Giants the game plan to destroy our defense, on the opposite side they shut Henry down so CMC and Foreman probably aren't gonna go off. Gonna be their pass rush vs our WR's, and they didn't even have their starting DE's active on Sunday

But who are their DEs? I know they have Kayvon but I don’t think they have anyone up to Garrett or Clowney talet.

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

But who are their DEs? I know they have Kayvon but I don’t think they have anyone up to Garrett or Clowney talet.

New guy Kayvon who was a top 5 pick, and Ojulari who is more of a Reddick type that had 8 sacks in his rookie year last year. Not exactly Garrett and Clowney but not scrubs

• Beer 1

Of course we can beat the Giants.  In theory, we could beat the Bills.  The NFL works that way.  Add that while they are in the same state (barely), the Giants are not the Bills.

The challenge is that based solely on last week, the Giants put up a lot of yards on the ground and we gave up a lot of yards on the ground.  They gained 238 yards at 7..4 a carry, and even if we remove the 68 yard run, that is still 170 yards and almost a 5.5 yard clip.  We gave up 5.6 yards a pop over 39 carries.  Depending on your outlook, those things either don't mesh well or mesh perfectly.

The other problem is while the Giants didn't remind anybody of Air Coryell, they were efficient in the passing game.  If we don't generate some pressure on the QB, they may be efficient again.

They are far from unbeatable, but we are going to have to step up especially on the defensive side.  It's either that or turn it into a track meet early.  We certainly can not afford another start where the offense is inert.  Given the defensive challenges, the offense is going to have to hold their own.

Finally, when they had the chance with a tad over a minute left, they went for the win, big time (going for 2 after a TD brought them within 1).  If it comes down to a test of nerve late, we are probably screwed.

• Pie 1