• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YGM

ncfan

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Not sure if I'm 100% right but if my memory bank is somewhat correct ...YGM was a highly rated prospect coming out...only favored by Chaisson and Chase Young. Pretty sure there were a few predicting he might have even been a late first rounder. We got him in the 2nd..top 100. He has the size but although he did get to QB at Penn State he was probably graded better as a run defender...as was Derrick Brown which is even more frustrating considering our situation. 

He's definitely underperforming, from my expectations anyway. Hopefully his increased playing time will translate to better numbers as he progresses. 

The more I look at the line... the more I shake my head..

Burns(1st)-  Ioannidis(5th)  - Brown (1st) - YGM (2nd)

That's alot of draft capital. Returns aren't satisfying. Furthermore...

Thompson (1st) - Wilson (4th) - Luvu (UDFA)

Horn(1st)/Henderson(1st) - Jackson(2nd)

Chinn (2nd)- Woods (6th)

I will say Woods and Chinn make a great tandem. But hopefully YGM hasn't reached his peak. Definitely a huge dropoff from Reddick. 

spent too much resources (draft picks and salary cap) on this defense for them to under achieve and play this soft. 

Snow been pretty much given almost everything he needed on this side of the ball now and can't use the excuse he had in 2020

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Why did we not play the new guy Anderson early in the game? He basically shut down Chubb/Hunt in the 4th quarter. Embarrassing a random vet can come in and do basic tackling having no clue who Snow is

Yeah it's clear our staff can't develop players.  Vets are the ones that do the best here (RA, Reddick, Gillmore).  I'm hoping Wilks can develop our young secondary, Campen our young OL, and maybe McAdoo can get our offense going.  They are all new this year so hopefully they can show what they can do.  As for the run defense.... doesn't look good...

• Beer 1