• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

100% SPECULATION: Panthers MAY BE open to re-signing Baker for 2023

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Drink the Kool Aid?? WTF are you even babbling about. I said if he struggles we fire Rhule and move on from Baker. If people don’t agree with you it doesn’t mean they love Rhule or Baker. Crying on this board over and over about Baker and how Corral was the answer is pointless now. Corral is on IR and our options are Baker or PJ. So which one do you want starting tomorrow?

The operation Golden Corral was just spam to those of us posting on here. Rhule and Tepper aren’t going to read the Huddle and suddenly change their mind because someone with a Goku avatar is spamming they want this struggling rookie to start.

We have no long term investment in Baker. Our options were Sam, PJ, or Corral (who said himself he wasn’t ready) so we got Baker for cheap. He is our best option. If he struggles then we move on from him and Rhule.

He said the opposite, that he came to start, not ride the bench and he was going to try to start by any means necessary. Does that sound like he said he wasn't ready? He never said that, you did.

The rookie struggled behind a third string Matt Rhule line that even PJ was getting swisted up behind, I saw that, maybe you didn't.

We all want Rhule gone but that all of a sudden doesn't make Baker some great investment, not with this coach. I don't have to like any of it.

Matt Rhules best chance to keep his job was to roll with and develop Matt Corral, most people would have supported that and most people would have patience with a young Corral.

Again, I don't have patience for a four year veteran who comes out and sh*TS his pants for three quarters. You can. That's your business.

I don't have to like it. I don't have to pick my team to win when I think they won't either. Especially with a coach still making first/second year mistakes.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's why the Panthers fan in me wanted Howell but the Howell fan in me wanted him to end up virtually anywhere else.

A mid-round QB coming into a dumpster fire of an organization with a coach on the hot seat and a GM who should be too? It sucks, but it might be a career killer. And that's before you end up on IR before the regular season even starts after looking like the worst rookie QB in the league in limited preseason action.

All by neglect all by design because his name isn't Kenny Pickett therefore of no value to be protected by the second or first string line. You've never seen Matt Corral behind an NFL caliber line and you're claiming bust? Why don't you look at Bakers last four years and call it like you should see it.

Corral has everything a pro prospect would need to beat out a has been QB on his last shot but when the regime is a stupid one you get the washed up hopes of the Jets and Browns on display for the world to see and barf too all over again.

Not even your beloved Baker would look like anything behind a group of guys most of whom aren't on the team probably worse in fact. 

Corral wasn't a bad pick, like the Browns, Jets this is now a horrible organization that needs bleach and a firehose to get rid of the stench of failure that has taken hold.

Sorry you didn't get the joke but I knew Corral was getting bubble wrap but I also knew adding Baker would achieve nothing but delaying the future at QB, again.

28 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

All by neglect all by design because his name isn't Kenny Pickett therefore of no value to be protected by the second or first string line. You've never seen Matt Corral behind an NFL caliber line and you're claiming bust? Why don't you look at Bakers last four years and call it like you should see it.

Corral has everything a pro prospect would need to beat out a has been QB on his last shot but when the regime is a stupid one you get the washed up hopes of the Jets and Browns on display for the world to see and barf too all over again.

Not even your beloved Baker would look like anything behind a group of guys most of whom aren't on the team probably worse in fact. 

Corral wasn't a bad pick, like the Browns, Jets this is now a horrible organization that needs bleach and a firehose to get rid of the stench of failure that has taken hold.

Sorry you didn't get the joke but I knew Corral was getting bubble wrap but I also knew adding Baker would achieve nothing but delaying the future at QB, again.

Baker is a pro QB…Corral is a serious question.  Corral is a bust…we can see it.  There isn’t anything that says he is an NFL QB

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1