• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: We don't need to make any changes, we just need to battle through it right now.

Proudiddy

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I will translate whatever he is saying:

”please for the love of god mr tepper fire me so I can go enjoy this 70 million you gifted me”

Seriously. It's like he's recognized that he's not cut out for the NFL and is gonna end up back in college anyway so just go ahead and get it over with. He was sniffing around all the top college openings last year thinking he was as good as fired.

30 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Can't make this up.  Just said this in his presser.

Also, when asked about the pressure the Giants got he said he didn't think anyone just got flat-out beat, they were just bringing "extra guys."

😂😂😂

Why didn't this stuff work with my parents growing up? 

"No, I didn't disrupt the class and get kicked out.  I just interrupted the teacher.  My behavior isn't quite there, but I'm really close.  You just can't see it."

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seriously. It's like he's recognized that he's not cut out for the NFL and is gonna end up back in college anyway so just go ahead and get it over with. He was sniffing around all the top college openings last year thinking he was as good as fired.

He doesnt want to quit because he will have to give back the money. 

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah but he wouldn’t get paid by both 

That is the way it usually works in the NFL.  I don't know about Rhule's contract, since Tepper was busy trying to outsmart the rest of the NFL with him.

Most NFL coaching contracts are structured like personal service contracts.  So, he can be fired as the coach, but he continues to be paid but he can't go elsewhere for the term of the contract. 

He can't just sit on his arse for four more seasons and collect the rest of the money.  It is almost like collecting unemployment, where he is required to try and secure another coaching position.  But, if he goes elsewhere, there has to be a buyout (offset) to the former team.

Rhule makes roughly $8.5M a year with his contract with the Panthers.  So, if Northeastern Southwest Mississippi Institute of Technology State A&M pays him $3M a year, he'll get that and $5.5M from Panthers.

Here is a link that talks about coaching contracts in general.  Again, whether Tepper ran with terms normally in NFL coaches' contracts or tried to outsmart everybody, well, who knows?

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He doesnt want to quit because he will have to give back the money. 

Exactly. That's the only reason he's still here. Probably the reason Tepper hasn't fired him. They're in a standoff to see who gives in first. I don't think it's gonna be Rhule. He's not walking away from tens of millions.