• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dream HC/OC/DC Combination For Next Year?(Week 2 Edition)

Asaria

I've only given things a very preliminary look see so far, but it's hard not to think that if they believe he's ready to be a head coach, Ken Dorsey will be given a call by his former coworker / current Panthers Assistant GM.

Dorsey already spent about seven years working for the Panthers, his first two as a scout then five as a quarterback coach.

Also given their ties, if Dorsey were to get the Panthers job while Rivera and company were let go in Washington, Scott Turner could be a possible addition to Dorsey's staff (as could others).

Worth noting in that same vein that Rich Bisaccia was coaching in Dallas while Kellen Moore was still a player there. If Bisaccia were named coach of the Panthers and Mike McCarthy et al were dismissed from the Cowboys, Bisaccia could give Moore a call about the OC job.

For what it's worth, Bisaccia's also acquainted with Steve Wilks (the two of them spent a year working together in San Diego).

Edited by Mr. Scot

If you look at the recent trends of successful coach hires (Miami, Vikings, Giants, Philly), they are young offensive minded coaches with exception of Daboll. I don't think we've ever had an offensive minded HC in the history of the Panthers. I think we have good offensive talent to surround a promising draft prospect. 

Look what Miami did for Tua by drafting Waddle and trading for Tyreek Hill. AJ Brown for Hurts in Philly. Diggs for Josh Allen. Meanwhile Fields is left to die in Chicago. 

Head coach: Shane Steichen - eagles offensive has been mighty impressive, even with Jalen Hurts leading the way. Also was OC for Herbert his first year. Young, but has the tools.

DC - looking for experience here. Vin Fangio, I believe he has some head coach experience as well. 

OC - Not sure here, haven't looked deep enough into potential staff ha.